New project for this winter. 71 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a great read!! You did an awesome job. I am hoping I can get the courage up and learn how to do the body work on mine. I book marked this thread for reference and inspiration!!!

It's officially done!!! Got the tires on today and she went home!! Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's help through this build. I appreciated everyone's comments and well wishes. The owner picked up the car tonight and was very happy. I had 460 hours in it and a lot of bud light! Glad it's done and now I can move on to building that back deck for my wife!! Here's the finished pics with the new tires. As close to original looking as we could get. 

Gorgeous!! AWESOME JOB!!!   ::thumb:: ::thumb::

It's officially done!!! Got the tires on today and she went home!! Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's help through this build. I appreciated everyone's comments and well wishes. The owner picked up the car tonight and was very happy. I had 460 hours in it and a lot of bud light! Glad it's done and now I can move on to building that back deck for my wife!! Here's the finished pics with the new tires. As close to original looking as we could get. 

Gorgeous!! AWESOME JOB!!!   ::thumb:: ::thumb::
Thanks!

Just spent 3 hours going through this thread, Excellent work by you, in every way. Preserving a piece of Mustang history for the owner and everyone else to see. What this has done is made me really think about how much i should 'fix' rather than 'replace'. With all of the less than great re-pop stuff, whatever is original and really usable with some work really needs to be kept.

Just joined the group since I came across a 71 coupe which i got on the cheap. I call it a parts car, since Marti says it was a Grabber Lime, 6 cyl hardtop. Its still a hardtop with 4 wheels, but that's about it.

I really get into the detail shots to see what the 'correct' layout is. My car will never be restored back to stock, gong the restomod route. However with some half a__ed work, and not being familiar with the car, I need so see how these really go together.

Thanks for the read, and many, many tips.

Seems like a lot of the pics from this thread got deleted so I figured I’d post up a bunch from my phone before I get rid of them. This isn’t nearly all the pics I had in the thread but it’s all I got left. Hopefully they all stay this time. 

Thank you very much for posting all the pictures!!! 

I was sad sometimes ago as I saw how many were deleted automatically... I love your thread with your work and took it ever for reference, inspiration and motivation! 

Thanks again - I love this car but yours too, everytime I see it in your signature!

Back