New seat belts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screw a bolt all the way into the hole and then put your hedliner back in place. This way you can feel the bolt head and make your cut in the exact location needed keeping everything nice and smooth.

Paul
Thanks Paul, great advice.

Just ordered a set from Don. I've never felt comfortable with just the lap belt, my face is FAR too pretty to be messed hitting the steering wheel or dash during an impact.

Jim
Jim, the put the screw into the hole first method works great with screws, for visors, dome lights and trim screws.

I would not do that with the large head shoulder belt bolt.

Make a small X cut at the hole while you have it open

Or take some measurements -It should be fairly easy to find as it is a bolt hole VS a small screw hole

Hook me up Don.

mike
Mike, I can get blue ones made - same price

I'll send a paypal invoice to you.

Don
Got the invoice and pony'd up.

That's the way to do business.

mike

Mike your blue belts are being made - actually being made here in the USA

Guys these things are nice, just installed mine (took me a little longer than the 10 minutes it took Don). Now my pretty face will be protected in accidents with the shoulder belt. They operate just as smooth as the seat belts in my new truck, no drilling or modifications needed, I wasn't even aware there were mounting points on the celing for shoulder belts.

There was only one challenge, the kit only came with 7/16 -20 bolts and the mounting points on the ceiling of my car was threaded for 3/8-16 bolts. A quick trip to ACE hardware and a dollar later and I had the two bolts I needed. The kit came with SAE Class 5 bolts, since the bolts I needed are smaller in diameter I stepped it up to Class 8 bolts to make up for the difference (?), paid the whole 30 cents extra to be safe. I think the $200.00 for the belts was a great investment in safety (at least in peace of mind), plus they look great.

Jim

IMG_3377.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! You should know by now.

:worthlesswithoutpics:
I was kidding about having a pretty face.;)

To save time to find the shoulder belt mounting point without removing the headliner, it's 4" "directly" forward of the "clothes hanger". You can easily feel the hole through the headliner, I used a razor to cut an X at that point. I'll post of some pics of the finished product after I get a chance to take them. I don't know about the rest of you but little first hand experiences of actually doing it, help me more than the instructions that comes with this stuff.

Also I measured the max length the bolt can be before it hits the underside of the roof, it's 1.6" on my car, I used 1.25" bolts to play it safe. Using bolts that are to long will probably put a bump in your roof as you tighten it down.

Jim

Measure.jpg

Hey! You should know by now.

:worthlesswithoutpics:
Ok got around to taking some. Although the mounting points on the top and bottom were meant to be straight up and down I angled them for least resistance and smoother operation. These are nice belts and now my pretty face is better protected.

!1.jpg!2.jpg!3.jpg!4.jpg!5.jpg

!4 (2).jpg

Way too awesome, so much stuff I want to do and too little time/money...stop rubbing it in guys....!!

Anyway I'm going to be ripping my interior out next so I can redo it. Coating my floor pans and etc. would be good time to put these in. Fall weather can't come soon enough!

Back