New TMI seat covers for sale plus a bolt of new headliner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machattack

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang mach 1 351c 4v auto fmx
1968 mustang gt 302 4v 4 speed
I have a Beautiful brand new still in box set (3) seat upholstery covers for sale.
Received them yesterday 12-15-2022
My woes continue with trying to match this Vermillion red interior. My early 71 mach1 has MEDIUM red Vermillion and not Bright red vermillion. Stangaholics said TMI had the correct color that I needed and supplied a pic showing a darker red (pictured below) that matched what I needed. . But when I got them yesterday they are the vermillion bright red. OF course TMI wont take them back, I tried.
The covers are Vermillion red with a black stripe on the buckets. Back seat has no black stripe. These are deluxe covers. These covers are the Sport 2 with larger bolsters. They also come with all new foam front and back seat.

I paid $1980.00 for them. Will take 1200.00 or offers that dont make me sicker to my stomach.

I also have a 12 yard bolt of vermilion headliner. Its USA made and good stuff. 20$ per yard

Thanks everyone, hope someone can use them!!
Rod

Attachments

• tmi seat covers.jpg
    tmi seat covers.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Mach 1 dr inter.jpg
    Mach 1 dr inter.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your troubles finding the correct color materials for your Mustang. Have you considered going to an upholstery shop and working with the craftsmen to get a custom crafted interior? They may have additional sources for the materials and you can view what they use in person before they stitch it up. They may also have dying techniques that are more permanent than DIY products.

I'm confused, were there two different red called Vermillion?
eith way, I would buy them in a heartbeat for that deal, but unfortunately, Vermillion would look like crap in a Medium Yellow Gold car.

I'm confused, were there two different red called Vermillion?
eith way, I would buy them in a heartbeat for that deal, but unfortunately, Vermillion would look like crap in a Medium Yellow Gold car.
Haha,
That would look a bit on the odd side for sure. Kinda like a Dr Seuss car. However... you would have a one of one car for sure!! HaHa
Back to your question......No, just one Vermillion color for the 71-73. However every single manufacturer of interior parts or dyes has a different opinion on what that color is. Therefore you get a mix match of colors. Some manufactures are now calling it Bright red V and some call it Med V. I'll post a TMI seat cover against a seat back. The pic will show the front and back side of the seat backs. Just to give a fair showing of the O.E color and that it didn't change from sun and such.

Attachments

• tmi color comparsion.jpg
    tmi color comparsion.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 0
Back