new to site and car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From another thread

good posting by 72Hcode for location of VIN and partial VIN numbers to correctly identify 71-3 Mustangs:

1)passenger and drivers side above the shock towers under the fender lips. you will have to unbolt the top the fender to hope to see it, you can crack the grill or cause paint and body damage you need to be super careful.

2)Dash pad vin drivers side under windshield(this vin is removable and not used to determine matching # but helps.)

3)Drivers Door data plate. (this plate is replaceable and not used to determine matching # but helps.)

4)engine block drivers side under the cylinder head towards firewall, very hard to see, need mirror and luck.

5)Top of transmission case behind bell housing, would need to drop trans to see, not all cars have it, usually only stamped on V4, HO cars, CJ,SCJ cars.
Thanks to 72Hcode!

Ray

my vin is 1f02m121537 the door tag (if original-looks like a new sticker) says body-63d col-j trim-3a axel-6looked at marti report but to pricy for me at the moment

1971 sports roof with a 351 4v engine. No Mach 1 but nice nonetheless!

1971 sports roof with a 351 4v engine. No Mach 1 but nice nonetheless! The M code was a high compression 351 which is desirable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Virginia! You can get the basic online pdf Marti report for around $25 If I remember correctly.

Welcome from West Texas! Congratulations on such a nice car!! ::thumb::

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy the best Mustang site on the 'net. ;) :D

Back