Newbie from Sydney Australia.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from rust bucket Ohio.

I think as far as finding the right car, you have to just keep actively looking at listings across all sites, and if you're like me ask if the important parts of the car are numbers matching. Make sure you learn what the VIN numbers mean, it will help you spot out a fake Mach 1 like if someone has a Mustang Grande with stickers. I got lucky myself after 2 months of watching ebay, hemmings, autotrader etc, I found my show quality M code 71 mach with 24500 miles from New Mexico for only $16,000. Just looking at listings all day and dreaming about which one could be mine helped me learn the cars' ins and outs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy from Seattle. You have come to the right place to learn about 71-73 Mustangs. I was on the same quest as you a couple of years ago and was very skeptical about trying to figure out if a car was solid or not without laying eyes on it. I ended up getting lucky and found one less than an hour's drive away so I could look it over, drive it etc. As a few mentioned before, there might be a member that could do a once over for you if you find one you are interested in. If you see one near Seattle, I would be willing to help. Good luck on your search and ask questions when they come up.

Scott

Welcome to the Forum from another Member in Australia.

Good decision to garner as much knowledge as you can before

you make your purchase.

The Members have an enormous amount of knowledge of our

vehicles and in my short time I am well on my way with my 71 Mach 1.

If you decide to import, I may be able to assist you via a friend in

Sydney who brings cars and parts in each month.

You will not believe this - he has shipped about 4 Brock HDT cars

over to the States for an Aussie guy who has about 8 of them there now.

He has track days with his mates and they cannot believe how good these

cars are - he is very successful in business and when the time comes, he

will bring them all home.

regards,

Mel (Melbourne) 0419 044550

Back