Noob with a '72 Fastback and no trans

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello TheDude, and good luck with your project. You also have another advantage, which is good weather almost year-round in San Diego. My wife and daughter just returned from spending a week in the San Diego area visiting my wife's sister and family. They are in the Scripps Ranch area. We live in eastern PA and are suffering through this garbage summer weather so far, with high humidity, high dew point numbers, semi-daily torrential downpours, and a few heat waves. Anyone else in this general area knows what I'm talking about. At one point we had almost a week of 110 degree heat index days, and there have been several shorter duration heat waves. The near-constant rain is the biggest PITA. I have barely had any decent weather to drive my cars, let alone do any work on them. I'd be out to the San Diego area with my family and automotive toys like a shot, if not for one minor detail- $900K+ real estate prices! lol

Hello TheDude, and good luck with your project.  You also have another advantage, which is good weather almost year-round in San Diego.  My wife and daughter just returned from spending a week in the San Diego area visiting my wife's sister and family.  They are in the Scripps Ranch area.  We live in eastern PA and are suffering through this garbage summer weather so far, with high humidity, high dew point numbers, semi-daily torrential downpours, and a few heat waves.  Anyone else in this general area knows what I'm talking about.  At one point we had almost a week of 110 degree heat index days, and there have been several shorter duration heat waves.  The near-constant rain is the biggest PITA.  I have barely had any decent weather to drive my cars, let alone do any work on them.  I'd be out to the San Diego area with my family and automotive toys like a shot, if not for one minor detail- $900K+ real estate prices!  lol
Thanks and hope your family had a nice time out here. It's actually been a hot summer out here as well. Not so much extreme temps, but just consistently high temp and high humidity... for San Diego. And no joke about the real estate prices, we live in an older neighboorhood in the middle of town, nothing special and a 1500SF house on a small lot across the street just sold for $980K. Nice enough place, but I mean the place doesn't even have central heating and AC!

Hello and Welcome from Germany

Thanks!

Also, a quick update that we installed the trans this weekend. Still need to work out the cross member, pedals and have a driveshaft made, but one step closer.

Back