NOS argent silver styled wheel covers.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucketlist fastback

Reaction score
Just scored a very nice set of wheel covers. These are deep dish 15” wheel covers intended for 15x7 Ford solid disc steel rims. From what I have seen… oh I have never seen any because they are so rare. I’m hoping some aftermarket like Wheel Vintiques or something else I may be able to get my hands on will work. These things are handsome.

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0438.jpeg
    IMG_0438.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 0
Just scored a very nice set of wheel covers. These are deep dish 15” wheel covers intended for 15x7 Ford solid disc steel rims. From what I have seen… oh I have never seen any because they are so rare. I’m hoping some aftermarket like Wheel Vintiques or something else I may be able to get my hands on will work. These things are handsome.
Don’t take your car to an alignment shop without explaining they are wheel covers. They’ll put their impact wrench on it and do this to them and then move them to the back axle and not admit they did it. Ask me how I know.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I've found out the hard way so every time I take it to a shop for tires or alignment I remove the wheel covers.
Years ago I had one shop put my spoke wire wheel discs on my Oldsmobile with a regular hammer and dented the edge of all the disc.
That's a shame what they did to those rare wheel disc and I'm sure they won't admit to it.

I’ve seen similar listings in the past. I quickly realized my situation wasn’t unique. My experience was at a Firestone tire and alignment place in Missouri in 1973. My college days. My original 15”
“styled steel wheel covers” as Ford called them are in great shape since I purchased mag wheels shortly after the damage happened.
They are now ‘garage wall art’.

I’ve seen similar listings in the past. I quickly realized my situation wasn’t unique. My experience was at a Firestone tire and alignment place in Missouri in 1973. My college days. My original 15”
“styled steel wheel covers” as Ford called them are in great shape since I purchased mag wheels shortly after the damage happened.
They are now ‘garage wall art’.
Any chance you are still holding on to the 15” rims? Man I think I would give one of my left digits for a set of 15x7’s

Sorry, Fastback! I’m not ready to part with them yet! If they weren’t in such good condition, I might. Had them for 52 years, kinda hard to part with them.
I understand completely. Could I perhaps trouble you to send me a picture of one? I have been searching for aftermarket rims and not being lucky to find what I am looking for. I am trying not to go wider than (7”) inches but not finding anything deep enough to accept these wheelcovers. Thank you

I understand completely. Could I perhaps trouble you to send me a picture of one? I have been searching for aftermarket rims and not being lucky to find what I am looking for. I am trying not to go wider than (7”) inches but not finding anything deep enough to accept these wheelcovers. Thank you
You might try this company, likely not cheap, but will have the size you want
https://thewheelsmith.net/

Back