• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted OEM rear sway bar for a 1971....any out there? 1/2" or 5/8" Mine just broke!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a sway bar, sorry. I have never seen one break. How did it happen? Chuck

I don't have a sway bar, sorry. I have never seen one break. How did it happen? Chuck
I broke two different factory rear bars bars. Left side near the bushing eye. Drag Radials and hard launches will do the factory bars in pretty consistently. I moved up to a Addco 3/4" to solve the problem.

I have an OEM 1/2” rear sway bar I took off my 1973 convertible. I saved it for what I don’t know. I upgraded both my front and rear sway bars with the bigger ADDCO bars which I’m very pleased with. I assume the 73 and 71 bars are the same but don’t know for certain. Here’s pictures of my bar so you can see its condition - mostly under coating/ZBart and slight rust. This car has been in Indiana and Michigan its entire life. I also left one end length on for my reference in case I ever needed new ones so I’d get the correct length. DM me if this works for you and it’s yours if you cover shipping.
BobIMG_6589.jpegIMG_6594.jpegIMG_6592.jpegIMG_6591.jpeg

If you're interested in upgrading, I recommend the ADDCO factory-style front and rear sway bars. They make a very noticeable improvement in handling.
Yes, thank you for the tip, given the price of the 5/8 NOS an ADDCO 3/4 should be great, I am likely going with that since the 7/8 might be a little too much

I have an OEM 1/2” rear sway bar I took off my 1973 convertible. I saved it for what I don’t know. I upgraded both my front and rear sway bars with the bigger ADDCO bars which I’m very pleased with. I assume the 73 and 71 bars are the same but don’t know for certain. Here’s pictures of my bar so you can see its condition - mostly under coating/ZBart and slight rust. This car has been in Indiana and Michigan its entire life. I also left one end length on for my reference in case I ever needed new ones so I’d get the correct length. DM me if this works for you and it’s yours if you cover shipping.
BobView attachment 81547View attachment 81548View attachment 81549View attachment 81550
Hi Bob, Sounds good, just PMed you. Thanks! RC

Back