Oh the Humanity

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly,

It really hurts me to watch that video. I feel so sorry for the owner. Hopefully he/she has it properly insured.

Not to sound like a vulture, but I'd like to have what's left of it....

Man that was upsetting to watch, it looked like a nice car, hopefully he will have it fixed when he's able

That's sad, very sad, but makes all the rest of them more valuable if it was a total loss.
Hey a little sick on that one, lol.

Hate to see the car burn hope he still had his insurance.

I always have carried an extinguisher. No matter how small they are they do help. I have used it twice on other peoples vehicles one a chevy pickup that we saved and the other was a tractor trailer rig on the interstate. I kept the fire knocked down until he got his CB and personal stuff out of the sleeper. By the time the fire dept got there nothing but the frame, engine and stacks left, fuel line broke.

I was at Bristol in 1969 for Spring Nationals. We were leaving and there was a brand new dodge charger caught fire under dash and they could not get the battery unhooked and it burned down. I keep a wrench in glove box for battery. The 73 I am working on now had probably 20 spliced wires and I replaced the rubber gas lines first thing. That reminds me got to send to Midlife and get it gone over.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to sound like a vulture, but I'd like to have what's left of it....

LOL! Guess I'd be sittin' on a branch next to you. Losing any of your property to a fire, automotive or otherwise else would be terrible. Hate that this person suffered such a loss.

But...I also caught myself thinking, Gee I wonder if the space saver spare is still in the trunk, or if the ________(fill in the blank) made it through ok? :)

I keep mine handy, right under the front seat..
Doesn't it get in the way of your legs?
Nope. It doesnt seem to get in the way getting in and out of the car and when sitting, its well below my legs. Before I put it in I was expecting those types of issues but was surprised there were none.

The car is on COPART now

It is an M code with ram air

Estimated retail 20,760.00 repair est 20,000.00

I see lots of good parts there

Wow what a wake up call. I may just mount one under the hood along with one inside the car. I'd rather try and prepare then just say you can't do it with small extinguishers.

My buddy had a late 70 s Vette that had a fuel leak. He said he started it up, smelled gas but thought it was just the carb. He left it to get warmed up and came back a few minutes later to the car fully engulfed in fire. Total loss

Why isn't that guy in these forums?

Anyone wanna help restore a lightly toasted mustang?

He oughta start a "go fund me" in here -- I'd help out .... poor car

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been the victim of a car fire, I used to have an AC Cobra Replica, one of the butterflies on the quad carb set up stuck open and the fuel ignited.

Once the plastic sheathing on the wiring harness melts you have dripping melting plastic behind the dash and that starts the internal fire. It happens fast!

I always carry a fire extinguisher now in my cars. If you can fit a quick Battery disconnect switch, it's worth doing.

Back