On The Hunt For A Few Missing Parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code Mach 1
[align=justify]Hello all. Need help tracking down a few missing parts I didn't even realize were missing. Mounted the rear bumper on my 73 a week ago and noticed a gap and a few exposed screw holes on left and right sides just in front of bumper. Met up with a fellow owner (1971 Mach 1) last week and saw the parts on his car. Just downloaded 1973 parts catalogue and here are the parts numbers (17808, 17C838). Here is my best description:

There is a gap between rear bumper and rear quarter. Part number 17C838 fits in this gap, one of each side of car. It is a u-shaped part. When you look directly at the side of the car, this part fits into the rounded radius corner on the rear quarter.

Part 17808 seems to be a long strip that runs from on side of the car to the other, the length of the bumper, and fills the gap between the bumper and the rear of the car. It appears this strip is held down by part 17C838 on each side of the car. Here are a couple photos which I hope will help.

Anyone out there who can assist, please give me a shout out.

Cheers all.

Scotty[/align]

IMG-20140429-00138.jpg

IMG-20140429-00136.jpg

[align=justify]Hello all. Need help tracking down a few missing parts I didn't even realize were missing. Mounted the rear bumper on my 73 a week ago and noticed a gap and a few exposed screw holes on left and right sides just in front of bumper. Met up with a fellow owner (1971 Mach 1) last week and saw the parts on his car. Just downloaded 1973 parts catalogue and here are the parts numbers (17808, 17C838). Here is my best description:

There is a gap between rear bumper and rear quarter. Part number 17C838 fits in this gap, one of each side of car. It is a u-shaped part. When you look directly at the side of the car, this part fits into the rounded radius corner on the rear quarter.

Part 17808 seems to be a long strip that runs from on side of the car to the other, the length of the bumper, and fills the gap between the bumper and the rear of the car. It appears this strip is held down by part 17C838 on each side of the car. Here are a couple photos which I hope will help.

Cheers all.

Scotty[/align]
Scotty, I have the metal strip - will see what I have in end pices

Don

Cheers all.

Scotty[/align]
Scotty, I have the metal strip - will see what I have in end pices

Don
Thanks Don. Keep me posted on the end pieces.

Scotty

Latest posts

Back