Opinions? Couple of Fox Bodies for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
OK. So I have been on the look out for an older model fox body for a while s I really like these cars. I found these and wanted some opinions on them. Both claim to be GT350's from 1984. I don't know much about the GT 350 in 84 so any info on that would be appreciated. I'm also not sure where one should be at money wise on these.

https://dubuque.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-ford-mustang-gt350/6261110131.html

https://quadcities.craigslist.org/cto/d/84-mustang-gt350/6251386946.html

Also saw this one pop up for those SVO guys out there. Was for sale last Spring then taken down. He has lowered his price.

https://waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-mustang-svo/6241894454.html

I purchased and still have a 20th. ann car. The first one looks like a pretty good car. I also have a 85 SVO. The SVO is for sure the most fun. It handles so much better than the V-8 and will eat it's lunch. Neither of the cars seem to be looking like a collector car but the 20 th. ann looks like the best of the three. I went and looked an a 4 cylinder turbo 20 th. ann vert a couple months ago and did not buy. There were over 5,000 one for each dealership. I do have NOS stripes for them I bought all of Fords stock back in the day. They are NOS sealed in Ford box for $100 if you want one. Side stripes only no bumper stripes. Tee tops are a pain and there is probably rust look for sure.

I have both types of wheels the metric it came with and the 14" also.

those things are so ugly. lol But if you like em, then get em. Theres no one you have to please more than yourself. The SVO looks like it might be pretty cool. Who knows in 20 years it might be worth something.

those things are so ugly. lol  But if you like em, then get em.  Theres no one you have to please more than yourself.  The SVO looks like it might be pretty cool.  Who knows in 20 years it might be worth something.
I like the looks of the older fox bodies. Maybe because I had an 83 in High School and spent most of my time burning the tires off and breaking stuff, then fixing it with dad. Just very difficult to find one around here that is not rusted out.

The SVO is cool for sure. I thought the Vert in the first add looked nice as well. Any thoughts on his price?
Without walking up to the car and looking it over difficult to say. When I went to look at the Turbo 4 vert I only took $2,500 with me and I did not even offer him that. In person I could see lots of issues in the paint was all cracked and lots of touch up that pics did not show. This car looks like correct wear on the front seat for less than 100,000 miles. I can see a little wear on the left bottom of the seat back. The top conditions is also big concern. If you do not install yourself can be $1,500 to $2,000 for a new top and install. The five speeds had Holley 4-V and automatics had EFI. I would take the max you want to spend with you if that is $3,500 in cash and if the owner sees you are serious and have the cash in hand they will usually deal much better. $20.00 bills also much taller stack, lol.

My car has over 200,000 miles on it and was driven in salt but still does not have any rust. When I brought the car home from dealer I put on jack stands and went over every seam in the floor and chassis and added sealer where needed. Then I sprayed the entire underside including suspension and rear with clear DuPont Imron from back in the day. After I nearly crashed in a wide sweeping turn I took back to the dealer and had them put the 140 mph Highway Patrol speedometer in it. They came with the 85 mph. When I went back the curve I was over 110 but did not know it due to the 85 mph speedo. Since Ford put it in the warranty stayed good on the car.

The engines are great in these and also the T-5 transmission. My son did break the rear not the gear but the main casting where the bolts go on the bearing saddles. It lived a hard life with two teenagers growing up driving it and never had the heads off the engine. I did put clutch in and also replaced the plastic parts in the shifter and transmission.

I see the car in in Wisconsin. I would look it over inside the trunk and the drop off on each side. Maybe ask for more pictures before you go to look. Under hood pics also.

The SVO just will never be a collector car. Did not have a connection to any big names in racing. They did good and still do good in SCCA events. You can make one scream and with all the HD parts the forged control arms off the Lincoln, World Class T-5 that is tougher than the one in the V-8 cars. 5 lug wheels the rear used the axles out of Ranger pu the Koni shocks and struts. They are a very fun car to drive. The mid year change in 85 went to a water cooled turbo which was a big plus.

I have seen these sell for $2,000 in pretty good driver shape. There is just no demand for 4 cylinder Mustangs, SVO or 20th. ANN V-8 is still king on the demand side.

I saw the plaque on the dash of the 20 th. ann that would have the original owners name and sequence number in the build and there should be the horse shoe shape emblem with the 20 th. ann logo that was not there.

One other thing I forgot to mention. This car still has the Metric wheels and those TRX tires are very expensive from Coker I think $500 each. You can go to the regular 14" aluminum wheel that was also an option. You can see one of each on my car.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased and still have a 20th. ann car. The first one looks like a pretty good car. I also have a 85 SVO. The SVO is for sure the most fun. It handles so much better than the V-8 and will eat it's lunch. Neither of the cars seem to be looking like a collector car but the 20 th. ann looks like the best of the three. I went and looked an a 4 cylinder turbo 20 th. ann vert a couple months ago and did not buy. There were over 5,000 one for each dealership. I do have NOS stripes for them I bought all of Fords stock back in the day. They are NOS sealed in Ford box for $100 if you want one. Side stripes only no bumper stripes. Tee tops are a pain and there is probably rust look for sure.

I have both types of wheels the metric it came with and the 14" also.
Nice looking Mustang  ::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info David. Much appreciated. I may be able to find time this weekend to go take a look (maybe) we are pouring the shop floors tomorrow.

Thanks for the info David. Much appreciated. I may be able to find time this weekend to go take a look (maybe) we are pouring the shop floors tomorrow.
The smell of fresh concrete is right there with fresh mowed grass. Look close and know that none of these have really taken off as a collectable. Guys in the south are tearing up the SVO's as fast as they can buy them on the dirt tracks. They are tough to beat. They are fun. The 20 th. ann might be better in future for a collector with one of each. They do run good and are easy to work on no electronics to have a mystery with. I struggle with the old school I know I would be lost today. My son works at BMW and they sometimes scrap cars that the factory cannot figure out what is wrong, lol. That is really bad. You can only put so many hours into a car that cost $14,000 before you scrap it, lol.

The 1984 was the last carburetor and it is a Holley.

Latest posts

Back