Ordered these new gauges

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible, factory 302, disc brakes and A/C. Started to rebuild it all original but elected to go full tilt and rebuilt everything in the drivetrain, a/c, cooling, etc. etc. etc.
Someone posted a picture of these a while back and I contacted the manufacturer. The installation seems fairly straightforward and simple and they solve the problem that those of us without factory gauges encounter. I ordered the ones pictured and had them place a white faced clock in the center, I also ordered blue LED lights for the perimeter lighting. I realize that it will make the existing turn signal lights inoperable and I will have two useless holes but I guess that is part of the trade off. I will keep you informed and provided installation pictures when I have them in place.

71201-03 (Medium).jpg

I realize that it will make the existing turn signal lights inoperable and I will have two useless holes but I guess that is part of the trade off.
It appears to me you are just inserting these gauges in place of the tach and speedometer. As a result, the turn signal bulbs should remain in place. I would suspect you could run them in parallel to the turn signals in the gauges.

How do you go from the plug in connectors for the instrument panel to wire in the new gauge and tach? In other words, what do the backs look like? Do they have instructions on their web site?

Thanks for being the guinea pig on this one. Can we still use the term guinea pig, or are the gp's offended by the word pig...or guinea for that matter. My understanding is they are really from the Ande's.

They look awesome, but I have the same questions, who is the manufacturer? Will this plug in directly to the harness without any changes? And why wouldn't the turn signal indicators work? I see the arrows on each side... more pictures please!

This sort of makes the gagues above the radio redundent does it not?

Although you do get a check engine light!

I know someone who has one of those that is always on, he goes to check the engine, opens the bonnet and looks at the engine. It tends to still be there so no problem. Silly light.

Here is the link, the reason that the existing turn signals will be non working is that the turn signals will now be inside the gauge,s which are wired differently. The wiring instructions and view of the backs of the gauges are on the website.

They come with a 5 year warranty and they seem to be the best solution for my situation......and my wife insisted on white face gauges. LOL

I ordered mine from Summit which was a bit cheaper then buying them directly from the manufacturer. Yes, they do have a check engine light and I am not sure where I will connect it or if I will connect it.

I hope that they work out, we will see.

http://www.newvintageusa.com/71-73mustang.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks cool, but I would miss the running red horse high beam indicator light!
How picky can you get? I wouldn't have missed it until I hit the high beams and realized the High Beam Pony was gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back