Paint and Body

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's one good body/paint man within 100 miles of Panama City, but he is expensive. I had to take Midlife over to Mobile for its paint job.

I swear, the body/paint people around here have inhaled too many paint fumes: they think they are God's gift to the hobbyist and worth every penny, yet can't seem to keep a business alive....

What is your budget?
Don't have a budget set in stone. Want it done right, but reasonable.

There's one good body/paint man within 100 miles of Panama City, but he is expensive. I had to take Midlife over to Mobile for its paint job.

I swear, the body/paint people around here have inhaled too many paint fumes: they think they are God's gift to the hobbyist and worth every penny, yet can't seem to keep a business alive....
Who did you use in Mobile? I am in Santa Rosa Beach so that is only a couple of hours for me.

It is not a "have to do now thing" car looks good but I am planning the repaint and looking into places here to get it done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you are just talking a repaint of the exterior. If you do a ground up take the car apart and paint every piece of the car you can figure the materials will cost from $3,000 to $3,500. That is sand paper, welding wire, sealer, epoxy primer, sanding primer and top coats. It is crazy expensive for materials now with the EPA all jacked up.

How does MAACO do it for a few hundred. You get a one year guarantee also, lol. Don't go there.

David

I guess you are just talking a repaint of the exterior. If you do a ground up take the car apart and paint every piece of the car you can figure the materials will cost from $3,000 to $3,500. That is sand paper, welding wire, sealer, epoxy primer, sanding primer and top coats. It is crazy expensive for materials now with the EPA all jacked up.

How does MAACO do it for a few hundred. You get a one year guarantee also, lol. Don't go there.

David
Honestly if I could get the project done for $3,500 then I'd be all over it.

i grappled with this also... It does come down to your expectations of the end result. There's body shops and then there is restoration shops... If you want a basic quick paint and body, general body paint and body shops will look after you. Here in Ontario, Canada that will run you about $7-10k for a good body prep (no major body work) and a good base clear paint application. For a driver this is fine.

Then there is restoration which is the path I chose for my current vert protect. The car is rare and I am not a body paint person and the car has to come out near perfect, so I am ok investing the necessary $$ to complete the restoration of the body and paint. I will then work on the remainder of the project myself. Good luck!

Last edited:
What is your budget?
Don't have a budget set in stone. Want it done right, but reasonable.

Who did you use in Mobile? I am in Santa Rosa Beach so that is only a couple of hours for me.

It is not a "have to do now thing" car looks good but I am planning the repaint and looking into places here to get it done.
It was not a shop in Mobile, but a hobbyist who painted a few cars a year. I'll PM you the name/address if you are still interested. I'm not sure he's still around, as it was 2006 when the car was painted.

I know a military guy in Navarre that is honing his skills for when he retires. I have seen a few of his jobs and they have all been top tier. He has had a few of his cars go to Scottsdale as well. He doesn't do cheap jobs. Only will do them if he takes the time to do everything required. I think he starts around $6k-$7k. I know where his shop is but I do not know his number. PM me if you are indeed serious and I'll make the trip and get you his information.

There is a very good shop in Spring Hill with a great reputation.. It has grown from a small building to a large almost warehouse enclosure.. PM me and I will give you his info..

PS.. reasonable too.. I've seen his work and know his prices..

We have a good one in Spring Hill.. He's grown to a warehouse sized building and his work is very good.. PM me and I will give you his information.. Prices are very reasonable.

Back