Paint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyro86

Reaction score
Have a question , I m getting my 71 coupe
Ready to paint and was looking in the trunk,
I installed a new trunk pan put primer on it and don t know the color to paint it ?
And thoughts ? Would be great thanks
AJ. ( 71 horse )

The trunk area was originally finished with a gray splatter paint. When I repainted my 72, I painted the trunk the body color then finished it with the splatter paint.
I did the same as Sheriff. I painted it body color and then then applied spatter paint. I was told that Ford painted the whole body inside and out and assembled the car and then sprayed the spatter paint in the trunk. I used a black/gray spatter paint that I believe was correct but to me it looked lighter than pics of original cars I have seen. it might be because of the white body color underneath. Honestly, I like it better, to me it looks cleaner and brighter.

Mach 1 (579).jpg

Mach 1 (623).jpg

Last edited:
I did the same as Sheriff. I painted it body color and then then applied spatter paint. I was told that Ford painted the whole body inside and out and assembled the car and then sprayed the spatter paint in the trunk. I used a black/gray spatter paint that I believe was correct but to me it looked lighter than pics of original cars I have seen. it might be because of the white body color underneath. Honestly, I like it better, to me it looks cleaner and brighter.

View attachment 93396

View attachment 93398

Tpj

View attachment 93396

View attachment 93398

Tpj 71 mach
Thanks for the pics. Looks great !
Thanks sheriff 41 as well , will be doing mine the same as well ! Will post pics. Before and after of the trunk and car , hopefully it will go to paint middle of October ! 🤞

View attachment 93396

View attachment 93398

Back