Part Numbers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikhead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 351C
Back again with another question. I was looking into the Marti report, however, my Dad had some old books that listed a lot of the stuff that would come in the report. What he's wanting to know, is if there is either a book, magazine, and or site that would list the parts numbers for what parts would have been on a 73 mach 1 engine. I know the intake and I think the carburetor are not original, and he wants to make sure that if he orders those parts and others, that they are the correct ones for a 73, and not off a 83 or something. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks for any help.

Back again with another question. I was looking into the Marti report, however, my Dad had some old books that listed a lot of the stuff that would come in the report. What he's wanting to know, is if there is either a book, magazine, and or site that would list the parts numbers for what parts would have been on a 73 mach 1 engine. I know the intake and I think the carburetor are not original, and he wants to make sure that if he orders those parts and others, that they are the correct ones for a 73, and not off a 83 or something. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks for any help.
There is not much out there for 71-73s. "Mustang 1964 1/2-1973 Restoration Guide" 2nd edition, by Corcoran & Davis, ISBN 0-7603-0552-8, has a fair sized section on 71-73s. While I've found some errors, most of the data is correct (never read any restoration guide that didn't have some errors). The intake is a one year part (73) on Mustang (has EGR provisions), two year part on Torino (73-74) I believe. The carb is a 4300-D, 72-73 on Mustang, 72-74 on Torino. A 4350 looks very similar, found on 460s of the same and later period. If you are looking for correct date codes and exact carb codes it may be a long search. I saw several D3 4V intakes on ebay recently but all way over priced not to mention shipping cost for an iron intake. Try to develop some local "Ford" contacts in your area if you can. "MustangTek" site has some information BUT I have found several errors there as well. In their defense they make a real effort to say if the casting or part number has been verified as being correct. It sounds like you and your dad have a great project going. Best of luck. Chuck

Thanks for any help.
There is not much out there for 71-73s. "Mustang 1964 1/2-1973 Restoration Guide" 2nd edition, by Corcoran & Davis, ISBN 0-7603-0552-8, has a fair sized section on 71-73s. While I've found some errors, most of the data is correct (never read any restoration guide that didn't have some errors). The intake is a one year part (73) on Mustang (has EGR provisions), two year part on Torino (73-74) I believe. The carb is a 4300-D, 72-73 on Mustang, 72-74 on Torino. A 4350 looks very similar, found on 460s of the same and later period. If you are looking for correct date codes and exact carb codes it may be a long search. I saw several D3 4V intakes on ebay recently but all way over priced not to mention shipping cost for an iron intake. Try to develop some local "Ford" contacts in your area if you can. "MustangTek" site has some information BUT I have found several errors there as well. In their defense they make a real effort to say if the casting or part number has been verified as being correct. It sounds like you and your dad have a great project going. Best of luck. Chuck
Thank you for your post. From the sounds of it, find someone who knows their stuff locally if possible. Ill also have to check out the book. Thanks again!! Your comments are very helpful

Thanks for any help.
Thank you for your post. From the sounds of it, find someone who knows their stuff locally if possible. Ill also have to check out the book. Thanks again!! Your comments are very helpful
That's why Chuck is the guy to go to for any restoration stuff. A-Z

Back