Power Mirror Tutorial by Austin Vert - Parts 5 to 10

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More photos Part 2

Attachments

• PART 5 - G 7.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 1
  • PART 5 - G 8.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 5 - G 9.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 5 - G 10.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 5 - G 7.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 5 - G 8.jpg
  • PART 5 - G 9.jpg
  • PART 5 - G 10.jpg
  • PART 5 - G 11.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 5 - G 13.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 5 - G 14.jpg
  • PART 5 - G 15.jpg
  • PART 5 - G 16.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 6 - G 1.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 6 - G 2.jpg
  • PART 6 - G 3.jpg
  • PART 6 - G 4.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 6 - G 5.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 6 - G 6.jpg
  • PART 6 - G 7.jpg
  • PART 6 - G 8.jpg
  • PART 6 - G 9.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 7 - G 1.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 2.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
More photos Part 3.

Attachments

• PART 7 - G 3.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 4.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 7 - G 5.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 6.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 3.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 4.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 5.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 6.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 7.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 8.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 7 - G 9.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 10.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 7 - G 11.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 12.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 13.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 7 - G 14.jpg
  • PART 7 - G 15.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 7 - G 16.jpg
  • PART 8 - G 1.jpg
  • PART 8 - G 2.jpg
  • PART 8 - G 3.jpg
  • PART 8 - G 4.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 8 - G 5.jpg
  • PART 8 - G 6.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 8 - G 7.jpg
More photos Part 4

Attachments

• PART 8 - G 8.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 8 - G 9.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 8 - G 10.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 8 - G 11.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 8 - G 12.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 8 - G 13.jpg
  • PART 8 - G 14.jpg
  • PART 8 - G 15.jpg
  • PART 8 - G 16.jpg
  • PART 8 - G 17.jpg
  • PART 8 - G 18.jpg
  • PART 8 - G 19.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 8 - G 20.jpg
  • PART 9 - G 7.jpg
  • PART 9 - G5.jpg
  • PART 9 - G 1.jpg
  • PART 9 - G 2.jpg
  • PART 9 - G 3.jpg
  • PART 9 - G 4.jpg
  • PART 9 - G 6.jpg
  • PART 9 - G 7.jpg
  • PART 9 - G 8.jpg
  • PART 9 - G 9.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 10 - G 1.jpg
More photos Part 5

Attachments

• PART 10 - G 2.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 3.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 10 - G 5.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 10 - G 6.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 7.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 8.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 10 - G 9.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 10 - G 10.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 10 - G 11.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 10 - G 12.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PART 10 - G 13.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 14.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 15.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 1
  • PART 10 - G 16.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 17.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 18.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 19.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 20.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 21.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 22.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 23.jpg
  • PART 10 - G 24.jpg
Final Photos Part 6

Attachments

• PART 10 - G 25.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 2
  • PART 10 - G 26.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 2
  • PART 10 - G 25.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 1
  • PART 10 - G 26.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 1
  • PART 10 - G 27.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 1
  • PART 10 - G 28.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
  • PART 10 - G 29.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
  • PART 10 - G 30.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
  • PART 10 - G 31.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
  • PART 10 - G 32.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • PART4 - G 1.jpg
  • PART4 - G 6.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 1
That was over the top sir. An obvious labor of love. Great job!
Thanks very much Michael,

Yeah, i spent around 2 years on the whole project, which covered a lot of R&D, then actually making the mirrors from start to finish, and then doing an extensive write up for the Forum. The whole project set me back around the $2,000.00 Au mark all up. So, yes, it was very much a labor of Love for sure, but well worth it in the end i felt. I always felt that Ford skimped on the public by not putting power mirrors in the '71 to '73 Mustangs. The technology was there years before.

Greg.

Thank you Sir,

Yes, it took hundreds of hours to put the whole project together. I spent around one year plus taking in the R&D, making the mirrors and doing the project write up for the Forum. I would have spent around the $ 2,000.00 Au mark getting it all together.

Regards original files removed. Yes, this is a sore point with me,as i have recently discovered that several of my various tutorials on many other subjects have been removed from the Forum as well. I have put a lot of effort and time into producing those tutorials over the years, only to have them disappear from the Forum listings. That also goes for a large majority of threads that i have participated in over the years as well. There must have been some technical botch ups when newer versions of the Forum were being setup and rolled out as they have been. That is a real loss for me and the Forum. Also, nobody notified me that the missing content had vanished.

Also, if you wanted Pdf's , i can upload them for you. Let me know. Don't forget, my mirror projectstarts at tutorials 1 to 4, then moves onto 5 to 10.

It's my pleasure to help other people out if i can. What you give out in life, you end up getting back one way or another i find.

Greg:)
Hi!

What I do with our various files (photos, video for YouTube How-To) is save them to a local RAID 5 NAS Hard Drive Array, which is backed up nightly to a 2nd RAID 5 NAS Hard Drive Array. When I want to share large files that are too large to attach to various presentation sites I copy said files onto a shared slice of my DropBox.com account, then using the email of anyone who wants access to the files I share that slice using their email address. It works out nicely.

Anyway, I will create a sub-slice named "PowerMirrorFiles" in the shared slice. If you send me your email address to me at [email protected] I will open up access for my SharedFacebookFiles that will contain the PowerMirrorFiles folder that you can then upload the files to.

Once I receive your email address I will light up that Share, after which you will receive an email from DropBox.com asking you to set up a Password for your access. If you see any files of interest to you in that shared slice, you are welcome to grab them. The files names make it fairly clear what they contain. Thank you for the offer to share. I do the same with my various files - a labor of love. Love for the breed...

Hi mrgmhale,

Thanks for reaching out with your kind concern and backup plans to protect my Forum content over the years. First up, i am guilty of not backing up my direct Forum input write ups over the years. Stupid me. In my naivety, i assumed that the people associated with any major upgrades or changes to the Forum would be professional, careful and accurate in their works. Sadly, it has turned out to be not the case, as a lot of good Forum content has gone west for myself and many other Forum members i am sure.

However the good news is that for all my tutorials i have done over the years, i have backed up all the photos relating to each write up. I run external hard drives for backing up all my data. I back up three separate times. So my game plan is to slowly re write my previous tutorials as time goes on, back them up, and eventually pop them back onto the Forum. If anything goes wrong in the future with the Forum, i can easily put the content back up again without too much trouble. Thank you very much for your kind offer to work with you on your Email/ Facebook idea, but i will decline that for the moment Sir. I appreciate your help and offer.

All the best,

Greg.

And for personal taste and similar reasons for mine, I’m adding quad power windows in my 72 Mach 1. It seems as though that was not an option either or if so no one took it. Lol

Thank you Sir,

Yes, it took hundreds of hours to put the whole project together. I spent around one year plus taking in the R&D, making the mirrors and doing the project write up for the Forum. I would have spent around the $ 2,000.00 Au mark getting it all together.

Regards original files removed. Yes, this is a sore point with me,as i have recently discovered that several of my various tutorials on many other subjects have been removed from the Forum as well. I have put a lot of effort and time into producing those tutorials over the years, only to have them disappear from the Forum listings. That also goes for a large majority of threads that i have participated in over the years as well. There must have been some technical botch ups when newer versions of the Forum were being setup and rolled out as they have been. That is a real loss for me and the Forum. Also, nobody notified me that the missing content had vanished.

Also, if you wanted Pdf's , i can upload them for you. Let me know. Don't forget, my mirror projectstarts at tutorials 1 to 4, then moves onto 5 to 10.

It's my pleasure to help other people out if i can. What you give out in life, you end up getting back one way or another i find.

Greg:)
Hi!

Agreed re: we get out of life as we put into life. In that regard my latest area of sharing is in the form of quite a few How To YouTube videos under my YouTube Channel (Gilbert Hale) where Lynda and I have recorded quite a few How To Diagnose and How To Repair projects on mostly 71-73, but in general applicable to First General Mustangs. It is a labor of love, and from the comments we get on them it is clear they are doing some good for our hobby.

I also tend to jump into various posts in this forum and offer info on subjects I am well experienced in - often involving posts that turn out to be quite long (just want to be clear). From what I can tell I am doing fr more good than not. If nothing else it is good for my soul to share when and where I can with fellow enthusiasts. It is fortunate I am in a position where I can provide what I do with no need monetize it.

I retrieved the web links for the subsequent PDF files you posted. If you have additional PDF or other files with info re: the power mirror project please let me know and I will work out a way for you to get them to me. I have a nice FTP Server (privately owned, not rented) that I turned off since retirling 4 1/3 years ago. But, once back home I can easily turn it back on and provide you a sslice of its target hard drive to upload anything to you may want to share. You can reach me most directly at: [email protected]

Many thanks!

Back