PS pump/bracket factory finish

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matte black on both the pump and bracket. The concourse judging rules state natural on the bracket but both C9ZX and I have several examples of the matte black to reference against.

Matte black on both the pump and bracket. The concourse judging rules state natural on the bracket but both C9ZX and I have several examples of the matte black to reference against.
Stop the presses! I was sniffing to many paint fumes last night from rust bulleting the inside of the cowl. :shrug2:

The bracket should be natural and the rules state matte black. Please tell me you haven't painted it because of me. If you have, I owe you a couple of beers. Sorry for my mix up and I will check my photos better next time.

MCA Rules state:

R. Power Steering:

Semi-Gloss Black Components: Pump pulley. Pump. Front of pump matches canister. Mounting bracket.

Natural Components: Aluminum spacer and aluminum mounting bracket.

......................................................................................................................................................... 2

Workmanship, condition and cleanliness .......................................................................................... 2

Thanks for following up in the PM and this thread. It is mostly stripped back to "natural" at this point. I am going to try to find some dull dark grey paint locally to replicate it, and keep it from rusting.

Glad I caught you before painting. I had that hollow feeling in the bottom of my stomach that I had skrewed up at your expense. If I get it wrong I can hit my head against the wall and then fix it. I cause someone else to skrew up I still hit my head against the wall I just cant fix it. Glad it worked out.

Duplicolor Glossy Black Engine Enamel here - FTW (matches my pulleys and other brackets) ;)

You concours guys have my respect... but rest assured I will never attempt to infiltrate your ranks. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back