Question about vacuum tee

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug The Dog

I'm back!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351CJ, 5 Speed. Currently being restored. Projected finish date is some day.....
This vacuum distribution tee was on the firewall/cowl area on my car originally. I know part of it was for the automatic transmission. Since I have converted to a manual transmission, do I need to re-install it, or did manual transmission cars come without it? (see the picture with the part circled).

vacuum tee.png

This vacuum distribution tee was on the firewall/cowl area on my car originally. I know part of it was for the automatic transmission. Since I have converted to a manual transmission, do I need to re-install it, or did manual transmission cars come without it? (see the picture with the part circled).
Just looked at my vacuum schematics and it only shows this tree for automatics.

-jbojo

Just looked at my vacuum schematics and it only shows this tree for automatics.

-jbojo
That's what I thought. My vacuum schematics look like Fred Flintstone drew them on a flat rock! Thanks, John!

P.S.

The hood is coming off in about 30 minutes and the engine is getting stuffed in tonight! (hopefully). :D

Send me a PM on Monday. I have all the vac diagrams and will provide both the auto and manual trans diagrams if you'd like to have them.

Send me a PM on Monday. I have all the vac diagrams and will provide both the auto and manual trans diagrams if you'd like to have them.
That would be fantastic! I'll send you a message Monday morning!

Thanks, Don!

-Travis

Back