Radio wiring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
Good afternoon,

Can someone please validate which of the plug wires on the picture attached, the single wire or the two wire is the ground? I assume the single wire is the ground as that plugs to the black wire in the factory radio.

Also Curious why there is two wires coming out of what I would consider the positive side of this connection. Power antenna??

Hooking up a new slide bar radio and I want to make sure that I get the polarities appropriate. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_1229.jpeg
    IMG_1229.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Neither. The white/purple lines are radio power; the blue/red wire is lamp power. The radio is grounded through the chassis mount.

Neither. The white/purple lines are radio power; the blue/red wire is lamp power. The radio is grounded through the chassis mount.
Thanks so much for your response. I knew the ground was with the bracket, and it slipped my mind. But thanks for identifying which wires in that two harness. I will move forward with installing my new radio.

Back