Rear end gears

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Don C said. I've used gears from several companies, no noise problems but, all of these cars were loud soooo.... All these gears were made in America when that was still common, maybe it still is. Chuck

I just put together a rear end for my chevy with an eaton truetrac carrier and yukon gears. It doesn't make any more noise than the factory open diff I pulled out.

I think its the detroit locker style that has a bit of a clunk to it even when setup correctly.

I've recently had experience with the Excel line from Richmond and I recommend against them. The set was noisy and after the distributor reviewed several different patterns, they offered an exchange for, what they referred to as, a premium gear set. I went for the premium set and am in the process of setting them up. I was told the Excel line is imported.

I've recently had experience with the Excel line from Richmond and I recommend against them. The set was noisy and after the distributor reviewed several different patterns, they offered an exchange for, what they referred to as, a premium gear set. I went for the premium set and am in the process of setting them up. I was told the Excel line is imported.
Agree on the Excel. It’s Richmond’s budget line. Used them once and not again. You don’t get real Richmond gears at less than a Richmond price. I paid the extra for true Richmond gears. Properly set up and quiet.

Back