Ram-Air Air Cleaner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDK

Reaction score
My Car
1971 MACH 1
Does anyone have a good picture overview of the connections for the Ram-Air Air Cleaner portion of the setup? Specifically, the flapper in the snorkel....I know the aftermarket Ram-Air Air Cleaners are decent but they seem to be lacking the connection for this on the underside of the cleaner. Or am I totally missing something????

BDK

I haven't gotten mine yet - but you could post pics of yours so I can drool and live vicariously through you until I'm ready for mine. ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't gotten mine yet - but you could post pics of yours so I can drool and live vicariously through you until I'm ready for mine. ;) :D
:) I'll see what I can do about getting a photo up for ya Eric......but not too much to see, just like the shots on OMS, CJ and NPD...black ari cleaner... :)

BDK

:) I'll see what I can do about getting a photo up for ya Eric......but not too much to see, just like the shots on OMS, CJ and NPD...black ari cleaner... :)

BDK
You're a good man! ::thumb:: :p

You are correct no one makes the bi-metal vacuum pod to control the cold air snorkel flapper

Most guys do not have the heat riser tube and shield to make use of the warm air start up anyways.

It only helps for cold start / choke operation

As for that article...

It does not address the bi-metal pod.

Also if you install the DII ram air, you probobly want to...

1- remove the dii sticker off the plenum

2- remove the gold metric nuts and bolts holding the flappers to the plenum - they are shipping hardware

Use the black screws from AMK - like the original ones

Don

3- use the black screws all around the plenum

You are correct no one makes the bi-metal vacuum pod to control the cold air snorkel flapper

Most guys do not have the heat riser tube and shield to make use of the warm air start up anyways.

As for that article...

2- remove the gold metric nuts and bolts holding the flappers to the plenum - they are shipping hardware

Don

Don, That is exactly what I am looking for!!! thanks as always. Trainey, thanks for the link to the Mustang Monthly article.....

BDK

As for that article...

Don

Don, That is exactly what I am looking for!!! thanks as always. Trainey, thanks for the link to the Mustang Monthly article.....

BDK
Also I have a kit we make with all hardware, filters , hoses 529.95

As Don said, I do not have the heat riser hooked up at all, I am running headers. I also changed to a manual choke.

DSCN0294.JPGDSCN0295.JPGDSCN0296.JPGDSCN0297.JPGDSCN0298.JPGEric here are the pics of the Air Cleaner. Notice the shot with my finger, that would be the area where the bi-metallic strip Don mentioned would go if they made it......

Thank you thats a big help,, you rock

Ok now im going to ask another stupid question where can i buy the filter thing from ? i cant find it on anywhere

Not sure if this is the right one, but here's a filter without the housing:

hhttp://macsautoparts.com/crankcase-breather-filter-no-housing-all-v-8-engines-motorcraft-dooz-9d697-m/p/JS0R3CHL1096126/

I don't think anyone makes the housing.

Greg

Here's an orange one:

http://www.oilfiltersonline.com/BA24-Fram-Breather-Air-Filter

Back