Rear gears

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finishing up my 4.11 install today.  I will post a follow up later

Our local dragstrip is reopening soon so I yanked the 3.50 gears out for a while in favor of the 4.11's. Our stang sees almost no highway miles so this was also a factor for us.

Cainsable. I finished up my 4.11 gear install last night and got to drive it around the block a few times, so far I am very impressed with them. The car feels like it lost 300 lbs. and gets up nicely now. When I get more seat time I will post more thoughts on them.
Thanks looking forward to your thoughts

I will need to get the specifics from my friend pulling his 4.10 gear out going to a 4.30. It has the 35 spline Mosser axles, how is that spelled. He will probably want to sell the old gears and the Detroit Locker if anyone interested. He has been turning in the 160's in quarter and has a $10,000 match race coming up. He has an all steel 66 GTO with power glide and 10 point cage and 4 link rear. Yes it is still Pontiac power. It is still street legal but no way could you afford the fuel at 5 to 7 gallons of the good racing fuel per run at the strip,  lol. It is a monster. I think 14 to 1 compression.

David

Back