• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rear shock plates

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prlanger

Reaction score
My Car
1971, Mach 1, Ram Air J code, 429 Cobra Jet. Light Pewter Metallic. C6.
WTB LH and RH rear spring/shock absorber plates to suit staggered shock mounts on a 71' Mach 1.

WTB LH and RH rear spring/shock absorber plates to suit staggered shock mounts on a 71' Mach 1.
These would work but not stock. https://www.cachassisworks.com/p-1856-leaf-spring-plates-with-integral-tie-down-loops-staggered-shocks.aspx

Mustang Mania in Austin Texas used to have them, perhaps they still do.

The early stock one are stamped 428L or R. Later one are stamped MUST L or R.

I've been told 71-77 Ford Maverick shock plate will work as well.

Chuck
That part is cool especially if you plan on trailering the car a lot.

These would work but not stock. https://www.cachassisworks.com/p-1856-leaf-spring-plates-with-integral-tie-down-loops-staggered-shocks.aspx

Mustang Mania in Austin Texas used to have them, perhaps they still do.

The early stock one are stamped 428L or R. Later one are stamped MUST L or R.

I've been told 71-77 Ford Maverick shock plate will work as well.

Chuck
Thanks Chuck.

My car had the plates replaced with traction rods at some point. Want to get my car back to stock going forward with my rebuild. Appreciate the advice.

I have a set from a 1972 cougar with staggered shocks.
I would have thought surely these would be the same.

Do they have that 428L or 428R stamped on them?

If so, What do you want for them?

Cheers

Peter

Cheers

Peter
Funny,the Cougars didn't have the 428 markings but are the same.I took them off a 4 speed q-code staggered shock car.30.00 plus shipping if you want them.

These plates were originally designed for the 68 1/2 428 CJ Mustangs. So the 428 markings were used for in plant identification for this unique one car, one engine application. As the model years went by, use was expanded to the Boss, other 428 powered Mustangs, and the 71-3 competition suspension-4bl Mustangs. And as David can tell you, as the worn stamping dies are repaired/replaced, the 428 designation was left off since it was no longer a unique one car, one engine part. So you'll see some plates with "428" and others without. Since the Cougar and Mustang shared the same chassis the plates would be the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheers

Peter
Funny,the Cougars didn't have the 428 markings but are the same.I took them off a 4 speed q-code staggered shock car.30.00 plus shipping if you want them.
Yes please. Pm sent

Cheers

Peter
Yes please. Pm sent
I don't see a pm.

Latest posts

Back