Rear Window Trim

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewxx72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1Q
I just got my Mach 1 back from the glass shop; who ever did the glass did it badly and the front and rear glass had leaks. Now my problem is, according to the glass shop the back glass's trim is aftermarket junk; and it crushes just trying to get it on the clips. Does anyone know either how to get the flimsy trim on without destroying it...or know anywhere to get good quality trim pieces. All help is welcomed.

I just got my Mach 1 back from the glass shop; who ever did the glass did it badly and the front and rear glass had leaks. Now my problem is, according to the glass shop the back glass's trim is aftermarket junk; and it crushes just trying to get it on the clips. Does anyone know either how to get the flimsy trim on without destroying it...or know anywhere to get good quality trim pieces. All help is welcomed.
There is only one manufacturer

Use window adhesive to hold the trim on

OR

Use the trim removal tool to install the trim - time consuming

If they took the trim off , resealed the glass and bent the trim re-installing it. They should replace it.

+1

Many have used the same product successfully.

It might take them extra effort but it can be done. Even before I read Don's response I felt (gut feeling) suspect of the glass shop's excuse.

Ray

Latest posts

Back