Remove doorpanel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalis

Reaction score
My Car
I have a Mustang Mach 1. 1973. It got 39000 miles on it since new. I am the second owner. Bought it 2018. Car has been in Sweden since 1973.

star wars this is no cave

How do I remove the doorpanel the right way? Did it on my -69 some years ago but I am not really sure........?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unscrew the door lock indicator. I usually pop the clips down low then work my way up.

Remove the top metal plate

roll down the window- remove the crank handle

The chrome bezel will unscrew off the mirror knob

there are 2 hex head screws holding the arm rests on

One screw for the pull handle

You should get a tool for the door panel clips so you do not tear the cardboard backing

It can be done with a large screw-driver but be careful

Locate and pry on each clip NOT the cardboard backing

Have removed the doorpanel now. No problems. But I have one question regarding the wires to the remote mirror on the left door. Should the wires be connected to hold their position so they don`t create problems with the window? Hope you understand what I mean.

Cables are slotted into the control knob assembly. As I recall, they were color coded with paint daubs as to what slot they were in.

I've carefully removed the cables from the knob assembly a few times during paint work on the car in order to properly paint the mirror / replace damaged sections.

Have removed the doorpanel now. No problems. But I have one question regarding the wires to the remote mirror on the left door. Should the wires be connected to hold their position so they don`t  create problems with the window? Hope you understand what I mean.
Do you mean the cable inside of the door ?

If so there should be a plastic clip [ you can used a wire tie ]

It holds it up and to the front top of the door to clear the window

Latest posts

Back