ROOF BRACE!! where can I get them...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71coupe

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang
Help. I've been trying to find roof braces for my '71 and there is not a single place online that I can get them. The roof I have has some rust pits and is a little weak...meaning, it bends when I put weight..even if I do some light sanding. So, I was thinking of just adding another roof brace or 2, to suppor the weak roof. The only other option is to go to a welder and have him build one for me..which I'm sure is going to cost because of the "special" fabrication. Please see picture..hope what I'm saying makes sense. Thanks!!!

roof_brace.jpg

Help. I've been trying to find roof braces for my '71 and there is not a single place online that I can get them. The roof I have has some rust pits and is a little weak...meaning, it bends when I put weight..even if I do some light sanding. So, I was thinking of just adding another roof brace or 2, to suppor the weak roof. The only other option is to go to a welder and have him build one for me..which I'm sure is going to cost because of the "special" fabrication. Please see picture..hope what I'm saying makes sense. Thanks!!!
71...No need to go to the welder...Here's how you do it...Pick up some 2" or 3" wide x 1/8" thick alum or steel stock (home depot) Make a carboard template of the roof contor (you could use the brace behind it) lightly heat your stock with a propane torch & bend to contor of your template..grind roof area & top of brace with 50 grit..Use 3m panel adhesive or epoxo 88 to install. it's going to be done in my car this way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360213213327#vi-content

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MAutomotive/Aftermarket/Products/Product-Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQCEK3_nid=GSNCT3JT87gsNGQGZXQ0C5glQ4QF5QHMX1bl

Last edited by a moderator:
Back