Roughed in Floor Pans Today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea they sit on floor pan and weld in, then seat tracks bolt to platform. BUT be sure of location before welding in.Some have moved the platforms back a little bit for more leg room. I would bolt seat to platform then place on floor and adjust mark it, pull out unbolt seat and place platform back in and weld away. I still have passenger side to do on mine,But waiting for carpet before i finish it.

Yes they fit fine, they are just 1 1/2 or so too tall

As long as the lost headroom isn't a factor for you they will work.

platforms from Laural Mountain Mustangs are 2 inches maybe 2 1/4 inches tall at the most, measured the one i have installed in car mailed other one to a buddy so he could use it as a pattern to make a set.So with that being the measurement then the correct platform would only be 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in height?? WOW

platforms from Laural Mountain Mustangs are 2 inches maybe 2 1/4 inches tall at the most, measured the one i have installed in car mailed other one to a buddy so he could use it as a pattern to make a set.So with that being the measurement then the correct platform would only be 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in height?? WOW
Heres what I get on the drivers side from my fastback at the seat attaching points you need to add an 1/8" to the measurements because of the ruler i used..

rear tunnel side

100_2118.JPG

rear rocker side

100_2119.JPG

frt rocker side

100_2120.JPG

frt tunnel side

100_2121.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres what I get on the drivers side from my fastback at the seat attaching points you need to add an 1/8" to the measurements because of the ruler i used..

rear tunnel side

rear rocker side

frt rocker side

frt tunnel side
I measured just a little over 2 inches at the front on mine,so about roughly an inch difference,thats not to bad. Thanks for the measurements, I wasn't sure on them since when i got my Mach the PO did a little floor work on it and didn't put the platforms back in it ::goodjob::

The pans look fantastic. I was just looking at the same pans on the Cj ponyparts site. We pulled the carpet up last weekend, and well I knew the both back ones needed done but what do you know the front has got to be replaced also..Now I am not a welder,nor do I have 1 handy so I'm getting quotes from locals that will do the welding. Hope it's not to much tax time is coming.
r087cj.jpg
[/img]

Back