Routing of transmission oil cooling line

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 w/408C stroker
I am wondering if someone has good pictures that show the routing of the trans cooler lines. Mine wiggle a lot and are supported in one place by a plastic wire tie. These were probably added during restoration before the previous owner purchased the car. I would like them to be supported a little better plus look as closed to original, but have no idea how they should look and where are they attached/supported.

My transmission is a C6.

Thank you.

yup there is no support on the tubes they float between the C6 and the rad cooler. however there are C clips that hold the 2 tubes together.

on the cougar and some other C6 cars ford did have a little holder bracket that secured the trans cooler lines but on a mustang nothing except holding the 2 tubes together.. this might of been because as a sporty car they figured much more engine movement from flooring it so they just let the tubes flex and not bend or break from the hard play.

When removing mine I had a total of 3 of those clips and someone put in a bunch of zip ties (must have been 15 of them) they had them tied to everything they could.

Here are a couple of photos to help. You will see them running along the side of the oil pan. Agreed with others nothing other than clips holding them together. By clipping them together they do get much more rigid.

P1010493.JPG

P1010492.JPG

Here are a couple of photos to help. You will see them running along the side of the oil pan. Agreed with others nothing other than clips holding them together. By clipping them together they do get much more rigid.
Awesome, thank you. You would have thought that going so close to the exhaust it would have had some type of insulation around the lines.

BTW, the underside of your car looks so new and clean. I am jealous. I hope mine looks like that sometime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back