Side scoops/vent

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blue bushes and fat blue kids are all the rage up here in mass. ill post some pics of my 73 on the road 2moro . you guys are funny!!

blue bushes and fat blue kids are all the rage up here in mass. ill post some pics of my 73 on the road 2moro . you guys are funny!!
Now that is one serious green!

I like it! In fact, if the paint shop I took mine to wouldn't have messed up their first attempt, mine would have had a flat black similar to your friends here.
It was actually done with Krylon Satin Black. Flat black tends to just look grey in the sunlight. I thought about doing mine in gloss blacklike yours and then putting the matte black Boss sidestripesand hood paint on it to give it a subtle contrast similar to the gloss black/satin hood lower body paint on the Interceptor. I don't think I recall seeing a black on black version of a Mach1/Boss 351. With the right deepdish wheels done in black with chrome lugs I think it would look mean as hell.

My opinion is that scoops are fine if they actually do something other than produce drag.  Cool brakes, cool the coolant, cool the occupants, engine intake - something.
Normally i would agree, but this is something...different.

Incase anyone doesn't know,

the black car is the inspiration of sorts for both of the black Mach1s in this thread. The red car is a stock version.

i havent done any testing but i have a 67 body panel. Been considering measuring and seeing if i could cut the scoop are out of it and fab it in

This may upset some of the purists. However, I have been thinking about installing side scoops, or vents, behind the doors of my '73 fastback, and was wondering if anyone else has, or has thought about it as well & which style you would go with.

I like the style that are on the 70's Australian Falcon XA/XB's (Mad Max), but they don't fit between the door jamb & the wheel arch.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
ey skeet did the extra pics help you out?

This may upset some of the purists. However, I have been thinking about installing side scoops, or vents, behind the doors of my '73 fastback, and was wondering if anyone else has, or has thought about it as well & which style you would go with.

I like the style that are on the 70's Australian Falcon XA/XB's (Mad Max), but they don't fit between the door jamb & the wheel arch.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
ey skeet did the extra pics help you out?
They did indeed Mark. Many thanks!

Back