Sleeper Mk VIII Lincoln on ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, but whenever someone starts posting their timeslips on a car for sale, I automatically think what they're really saying is: "This thing was fast, I ran the piss out of it, and it's time to get rid of it while it still moves under it's own power." Probably just me, but that's where my mind heads every time.

Steve

I like looks of the rear and the dash of the Mark VIII's, but for some reason the looks of the front end didn't quite look right to me.

I have owned both a 96 Mark VIII and an 89 Mark VII. Both were excellent cars! I think of the two, I liked the Mark VII the best. They were both leading technology cars in their day. Both were the LSC model, very fast and leading edge technology for their day.

Yes I had a 89 Mk VII too. It was a very well handling, balanced car. Had just enough power to have some fun but not really enough to get you in too much trouble - except for speeding tickets... LOL

Thought it had some serious air bad suspension problems so I sold it cheap - way too cheap.

Ray

Yes I had a 89 Mk VII too. It was a very well handling, balanced car. Had just enough power to have some fun but not really enough to get you in too much trouble - except for speeding tickets... LOL

Thought it had some serious air bad suspension problems so I sold it cheap - way too cheap.

Ray
My mother in law traded in her continental. I had looked up the trade in value and they managed to talk her into a lower trade in that what it was really worth. Not obscene but the guy told her 'We are just going to turn around and sell it to a wholeseller and that's all they will give us for it'. Okay.

So I drive by the lot about a week later and low and behold guess what's in the used car lot! I didn't get a chance to see what they were asking.

A couple of days later I took the new jeep in for a minor issue and inquired about the Continental to the fleet guy.

"You know, we sold it and just as they were driving it off the lot the air suspension gave out. Then we went to pull it on the rack and it wouldn't start, the alternator had died." So it's in the back getting fixed.

I gotta tell you, that felt pretty good.

I didn't like these in the day. But I like them now.

In fact, my son had one for 3 years. Except for the motor, biggest piece of crap car we ever had. Engine bay was not made for the motor. Oil filter changing was a major pita. The oil from the pan drained down a front rail and then into your waste pan. Interior controls were all worn out at 80k miles. Air bags suspension was a joke/waste.

Quite frankly, due to the issues with this top of the line MARK VIII, doubt I would ever by a Ford again. It was a very very very sad piece of crap, IMHO.

Henry Ford should have bought every one of them back.

Man I came so close to buying one while looking to replace my 97 Cougar. Woman at work had it and it only had 87,000 on it. But driving 1 way 40 miles to work I knew I really needed to go with reliability. Regret not buying that thing though. Many times.

Back