Sport Mirror Replacement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have reproduction mirrors but,.

The original ball and socket is not repairable once it gets loose there isn't much you can do.

You could lock the mirror in place with hot glue or silicone.

You can also build up the socket with crazy glue gets layer of crazy glue in the socket then snap the ball back in and it should stiffen it up. You could also pop the socket and put hot glue or silicon inside then snap the mirror in place and set the angle before it hardens.

My original mirrors were very loose and I just replaced them with reproduction sport mirrors and that was the end of it.

Had the first 100 mile drive today with the new mirror and it is awesome they scott drake should sell the reproduction side mirrors with the convex mirror already installed.

Is the passenger side mirror in the same location as the drivers side? I am painting my car and need to drill the "new" holes in the passenger door before the 2nd coat. My guess is that it is . Sure would like to hear from a Mach 1 guy or gal so I know for sure.

Thanks , Joe Stang

12.10.2013 037.jpg

I went to the Mustang Depot site checkout - $199 smackeroonies to send one to Australia, and that's ECONOMY mail !!

All I can say to that is rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

yhNXb.jpg
That can't be right. I have a good friend with two young children who live in Joondalup (Perth area). I send about 4 parcels a year to them and the MOST I've ever paid for shipping is $60 US and that was for something much bigger and heavier than a piece of glass.

Either the shipping charge quoted here is a mistake, in which case maybe an e-mail or phone call to Mustang Depot to confirm might be in order, or this is the most blatant case of price gouging I've ever seen. In either case, if you need the mirror and can't get it locally, I'll be glad to order one up and send it to you myself :)

Regards from Florida, Pat

Is the passenger side mirror in the same location as the drivers side? I am painting my car and need to drill the "new" holes in the passenger door before the 2nd coat. My guess is that it is . Sure would like to hear from a Mach 1 guy or gal so I know for sure.

Thanks , Joe Stang
Yes - sport mirror positioning is symmetrical. Lookin' good so far! ::thumb::

I went to the Mustang Depot site checkout - $199 smackeroonies to send one to Australia, and that's ECONOMY mail !!

yhNXb.jpg
That can't be right. I have a good friend with two young children who live in Joondalup (Perth area). I send about 4 parcels a year to them and the MOST I've ever paid for shipping is $60 US and that was for something much bigger and heavier than a piece of glass.

Either the shipping charge quoted here is a mistake, in which case maybe an e-mail or phone call to Mustang Depot to confirm might be in order, or this is the most blatant case of price gouging I've ever seen. In either case, if you need the mirror and can't get it locally, I'll be glad to order one up and send it to you myself :)

Mate theirs private versus business, your not taking the age old, Handling charge into account, I just got a parcel from CJ pony parts this week, about halve the size of a shoe box and just over 1kg in weight.... $66.00ish for postage and HANDLING... and sent via the cheapest/slowest method they offered, took well over 2 weeks... Triple that price if I wanted it sent express "2- 5 days business days"..

The only places I've gotten/get decent Total shipping costs from Is, Summit Racing, and THE DON, in Ohio. The worst I've had to deal with is Mustangs unlimited, They are fookin pricey, last parcel I got and will get from them was around a shoe box size an weighed about 2.5kg, was put on back order for 3 months, and cost me $260+ for postage and handling, But only took 7 days to get here to Australia.. After telling them to send it the cheapest/slowest way, bunch of wankers, will never buy from them again.

Last edited by a moderator:

yhNXb.jpg

Mate theirs private versus business, your not taking the age old, Handling charge into account, I just got a parcel from CJ pony parts this week, about halve the size of a shoe box and just over 1kg in weight.... $60.00 for postage and HANDLING... and sent via the cheapest/slowest method they offered, took well over 2 weeks... Triple that price if I wanted it sent express "2- 5 days business days"..
Yes, I can see where a 2-5 day delivery might jack up the shipping cost quite a bit. I've never needed anything shipped that quickly so I can't say whether that's the "going rate" for private individuals as well as businesses. Still ... $199 seems awfully excessive to me. "Handling" a shipment to Oz can't possibly be that much more labor intensive than it is shipping something within the U.S. ... can it ? If I were in your position, I'd definitely seek the assistance of a friend in the U.S. and exercise a little patience :)

But then ... I tend to be a bit "thrifty" that way.

! pound package

express mail is only 60.00 - 3 days to OZ

Back