stock hurst shifter arm

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'72 "mach" and a bunch of other stuff.
I would like to get a longer shifter to raise up the handle and move it back closer to me. Doing this as i need to recurve anyway to clear the radio i want to put in my "dash". My neck is jacked so I need a larger area for car play and backup camera.

Are there any bolt on options or do I need to make something?

Thanks all

I bought a complete Tremec conversion kit from modern driveline. The hurst shifter that came with the kit just looks to tall for my liking. My brother had a extra factory shifter from his Boss 302 so I gave it a try. 1-3-5 was way to far forward for my reach. I cut about an inch off the bottom of the MDL shifter and ran with it. I still think the shifter looks a bit tall but the throw is about perfect. Installing the shifter boot did help the cause. Hope this helps.

Modern Driveline part #MD-320-2039

Attachments

• IMG_2794.JPG
    IMG_2794.JPG
    838.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2999.JPG
    IMG_2999.JPG
    452.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3001.JPG
    IMG_3001.JPG
    416.6 KB · Views: 0
I bought a complete Tremec conversion kit from modern driveline. The hurst shifter that came with the kit just looks to tall for my liking. My brother had a extra factory shifter from his Boss 302 so I gave it a try. 1-3-5 was way to far forward for my reach. I cut about an inch off the bottom of the MDL shifter and ran with it. I still think the shifter looks a bit tall but the throw is about perfect. Installing the shifter boot did help the cause. Hope this helps.

Modern Driveline part #MD-320-2039

This is for the factory 4 speed hurst shifter. Not the comp plus one.

Hopefully an inexpensive solution as I would like to go tkx or 6 speed at some point.

Might just need to wait

Latest posts

Back