Stolen car trailer, Ripped off buyer there.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I was out to visit my friend that does car restorations. When I walked in the shop Clay was jacking up the rear of a 1971 Camaro that a guy wanted him to check out. He had just received from an internet buy from one of the consignment shops. Advertised as a one owner in perfect shape needed nothing.

I got under the car with him. If you were to hit the thing hard would rip the leaf springs out of the floor. The sub frame rails had broken in half from all the rust. Rust holes everywhere. The inside of the trunk had been skim coated in bondo to cover the holes. They had sprayed undercoat on to hide the bad stuff and it broke on the hauler. He paid $23,000 for it. Clay estimated it would take about $30,000 to fix chassis issue being done by AMD in Georgia. He was going to talk to attorney and see if anything could be done but I am sure they had an as is where is clause which you can do nothing about. 

After that he was telling me that someone came to the shop and stole a customers double car enclosed trailer. The neighbors surveillance cameras did get some footage and took place about 1:00 am on Saturday. A pickup went down the road to shop and then a second vehicle sat at the end of road going in. He sat there a while then left came back and went down to the shop and then back to the road again. In a few minutes the truck came out pulling the trailer. 

They called the Sheriff next day when they saw it gone and went next door and Sheriff looked at video and they went on the assumption that he left and went to Wal Mart which is just down the road to get something. So they go to Wal Mart and sure enough the vehicle pulls in the guy buys a bolt cutter and goes back to the shop. They cut the lock off and left with the trailer. 

That afternoon they got a call that they had found it. Was about 25 miles away in Home Depot parking lot. They evidently burnt the transmission out in the truck. Here is what they found.

Of course the trailer was stolen.

The pickup was stolen and bed had been removed.

Inside the trailer was two stolen new Kabota tractors and a stolen ZTR mower. 

They knew who the guy was from video at Wal Mart so they go to his home the bolt cutters are laying on his porch and the bed from the stolen truck is on his truck. He is no where to be found. He was out on bond for theft. Had been arrested numerous times before for theft. Has never served any time. 

If I stole a candy bar I would get 20 years how do these people do this?

As a society we're more concerned about the rights and feelings of the criminals than we are of the victims. I could tell horror stories of some of the trials I've served jury duty on. I don't get called any more. I think I wound up on some list as a hard ass.

Back