STOP: Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com EVERYDAY At Home & Work!!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought Id chime in here since everyone seems to think this topstangs.com is so good. If you really look at this site it is nothing more than a site to help them, and the only ones really voting are the members from the sites it has a banners on. It also seems to only be voted by 10-15 sites otherwise nobody's voting. Just look at the numbers from the top 10 and then look beyond the next 15-100 NOTHING. Event the links at the bottom of the page don't work and its suppose to be promoting them. Even ALLFordMustangs.com has dropped them and the other link WowTopSites is gone as well. The point is, its a sham.

Rarely do I come across this "counting site" in search engines. I found it one day when Mach1Club.com first started because I was looking for a particular domain name to register.

In reality Ive been trying to get to number 1 for 3 years. Although Mach1Club.com doesn't have as many active members as 7173 it is virtually impossible to get to number one. You all should be proud to have made it to number 2! I've been voting for you just to see if you could get to the number one spot everday and even on my cell phone. Ive resolved to the idea that if I can stay in the top 10 at least if anyone stumbles across this TopStangs.com site it might send people to Mach1Club.com

I keep very good stats of traffic to my site, and very little of the traffic numbers really come from this TopStangs.com site, less than 1%

This site owner is actually from Phoenix.

Registrant:

4x4SalesLot

P.O. Box 16775

PHOENIX, AZ 85011-6775

US

Registrar: NAMESDIRECT

Domain Name: TOPSTANGS.COM

Created on: 17-OCT-01

Expires on: 17-OCT-12

Last Updated on: 27-SEP-11

Administrative, Technical Contact:

4x4SalesLot

P.O. Box 16775

PHOENIX, AZ 85011-6775

US

unlisted

Ive considered doing my own top sites list, but for what? You cant make anything and if you do charge for it nobody would sign up.

Ive already registered

bestmustangwebsites.com

bestmustangsites.com

So I thought about doing the same thing, but top sites are not what they used to be.

If you want good traffic to your site make sure your meta tags are solid, and change them periodically. With the new algorithms the search engines use it is tough to get good ranking. In reality it just takes time. And the more you have of free scripts the more rankings you lose. If scripts have any old or foreign code they drop you from the search engine ranks.

So that is very important, especially Barry since you use so much mybb scripts. Many of them are old, and made by foreign entities.

FYI Mach1Club.com is removing this little sham from our site, but Ill keep voting for you guys!!

I agree...we do have solid meta's and SEO, Topstangs.com is just for fun! It does seem to generate some traffic but we get more hits from Google all day every day. We actually did break first place a few times but since fell behind. LOL...like I said, all in fun!

BTW, we also encourage everyone to vote for Mach1Club! I do also but I don't think any votes are registering right now...??

Just thought Id chime in here since everyone seems to think this topstangs.com is so good. If you really look at this site it is nothing more than a site to help them, and the only ones really voting are the members from the sites it has a banners on. It also seems to only be voted by 10-15 sites otherwise nobody's voting. Just look at the numbers from the top 10 and then look beyond the next 15-100 NOTHING. Event the links at the bottom of the page don't work and its suppose to be promoting them. Even ALLFordMustangs.com has dropped them and the other link WowTopSites is gone as well. The point is, its a sham.

Rarely do I come across this "counting site" in search engines. I found it one day when Mach1Club.com first started because I was looking for a particular domain name to register.

In reality Ive been trying to get to number 1 for 3 years. Although Mach1Club.com doesn't have as many active members as 7173 it is virtually impossible to get to number one. You all should be proud to have made it to number 2! I've been voting for you just to see if you could get to the number one spot everday and even on my cell phone. Ive resolved to the idea that if I can stay in the top 10 at least if anyone stumbles across this TopStangs.com site it might send people to Mach1Club.com

I keep very good stats of traffic to my site, and very little of the traffic numbers really come from this TopStangs.com site, less than 1%

This site owner is actually from Phoenix.

Registrant:

4x4SalesLot

P.O. Box 16775

PHOENIX, AZ 85011-6775

US

Registrar: NAMESDIRECT

Domain Name: TOPSTANGS.COM

Created on: 17-OCT-01

Expires on: 17-OCT-12

Last Updated on: 27-SEP-11

Administrative, Technical Contact:

4x4SalesLot

P.O. Box 16775

PHOENIX, AZ 85011-6775

US

unlisted

Ive considered doing my own top sites list, but for what? You cant make anything and if you do charge for it nobody would sign up.

Ive already registered

bestmustangwebsites.com

bestmustangsites.com

So I thought about doing the same thing, but top sites are not what they used to be.

If you want good traffic to your site make sure your meta tags are solid, and change them periodically. With the new algorithms the search engines use it is tough to get good ranking. In reality it just takes time. And the more you have of free scripts the more rankings you lose. If scripts have any old or foreign code they drop you from the search engine ranks.

So that is very important, especially Barry since you use so much mybb scripts. Many of them are old, and made by foreign entities.

FYI Mach1Club.com is removing this little sham from our site, but Ill keep voting for you guys!!
Points well taken!

"Build it and they will come", especially if we continue to do what we have been doing in respecting everyone's opinions and approach to their restoration/modification efforts.

As Barry stated, I see this "voting" primarily as a FUN thing to do as it does seem to help occupy us when we are not actively engaged in responding to or developing other threads:).

BT

Ha, up to 340...the counter finally moved! :D

BT - always the voice of reason. I agree that the topstangs thing is simply a diversion to keep things interesting during the lull of winter. But you know how it is when guys find themselves in a competition, and then realize that the game is rigged. :mad:

So, with that in mind and since things have mellowed out with Eric's hobby shop at the base, I think we should take a road trip to Arizona and have a chat with the 4X4saleslot gentlemen. It's a heck of a lot closer than Texas... :D

Doc

BT - always the voice of reason. I agree that the topstangs thing is simply a diversion to keep things interesting during the lull of winter. But you know how it is when guys find themselves in a competition, and then realize that the game is rigged. :mad:

So, with that in mind and since things have mellowed out with Eric's hobby shop at the base, I think we should take a road trip to Arizona and have a chat with the 4X4saleslot gentlemen. It's a heck of a lot closer than Texas... :D

Doc
Things are just 'quiet' for now. I spoke to the Mission Support Group Commander today (O-6 Colonel-type) when he was being detained for coming into our buildings without obtaining proper clearance first (oops). He saw the picture of my car on the lift at the shop and asked how things were going. I told him, 'kinda weird - they haven't really gotten everything under control yet, and I'm afraid of not being able to finish my project before they close it.' He indicated that the shop's not going to be closing - which is a relief, and good to hear from the Boss. However - when I went by after work to drop off my quarter panels for this weekend's fun, the kid running the shop (now that Jim's gone) is thinking about quitting sometime in March, but is keeping his cards close so he doesn't get hosed out of leave and stuff. So.... who knows. All I know is once I'm done with the welder, 'the finger' won't even begin to cover it.

Alright folks. Something just clicked here. You can only vote once every 24 hours. this is not daily. If you voted at 5:00 pm and you vote at 4:00 pm the next day that vote will not count. That might be why some of our votes are not registering.

Alright folks. Something just clicked here. You can only vote once every 24 hours. this is not daily. If you voted at 5:00 pm and you vote at 4:00 pm the next day that vote will not count. That might be why some of our votes are not registering.
I see what your saying, so you don't start fresh at midnight, you have to wait at least 24 hours and 1 minute to vote again. I actually vote several times a day when I go in to Top Stangs to check the numbers, but good point.

I see what your saying, so you don't start fresh at midnight, you have to wait at least 24 hours and 1 minute to vote again. I actually vote several times a day when I go in to Top Stangs to check the numbers, but good point.
you could just bookmark it and go in from there that way it won't add to the out numbers

All in All we did very good as we should end up in second place this month. This is the first month we made a concerted effort to vote; so I think our efforts may have given our site some more visibility to the Mustang World and that 71/73's are coming up and getting noticed in the collector market.

::goodjob::

Back