Sturgis rally

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I can say I went and did the mustang rally. I don’t know that I’ll do it again. Out of over 500 cars less than 30 were classics. I was hoping for a lot more than that
That's too bad. I guess a lot of the classic Mustangs had been to the 60th Anniversary event in Birmingham and the Boss Reunion in Pittsburg.
Someone should host a 71-73 Mustang gathering in the central US. I'd drive to that.

Its not only happening to Mustangs but other vehicle's as well along with the Hot Rod Power Tour. We went to a show in North Carolina recently for Mustangs, Broncos and F100's. I would say 90% of the Mustangs were 90's model or newer. The Bronco's were probably 95% new ones. When we did the power tour if I saw 1 new Challenger I saw 5000. I get it to a point but anyone can get in a new car and drive cross country.

I understand completely what everyone is saying. I am part of a club here "Iowa Mustangs Unstabled" we have a lot of great events and cruises, but at least 95% are newer (I refer to post Fox Body as newer). The few of us with classics still enjoy the events and actually draw the larger crowds at the shows.

That's too bad. I guess a lot of the classic Mustangs had been to the 60th Anniversary event in Birmingham and the Boss Reunion in Pittsburg.
Someone should host a 71-73 Mustang gathering in the central US. I'd drive to that.
If there would be enough interest in a 71-73 gathering I’d be willing to try to get something put together here in south central Nebraska. Maybe do something 73 and older

Last edited:
There was an international mustang show (western Canada and western USA) in calgary this past Labour Day weekend. The show and shine was limited to 500 cars, and I am guessing of the 500 cars, a little more than half were newer mustangs (newer than the fox bodies). There was plenty of beautiful ‘64.5 - ‘73 mustangs, with about a half dozen ‘67-‘68 GT 500’s, and a couple of GT 350’s. I was surprised how many J and K codes were there. However, I only saw three, ‘71-‘
73 fastbacks.
I spoke with a gentleman who drove his 65 up from San Jose, California (over 3 days), but I gotta say there were plenty of trailers in the neighbouring parking lots.

Latest posts

Back