Taking kids out for a ride in my 1971 Mach 1 429 SCJ

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1, 429 Super Cobra Jet, 4.11, Detroit Locker
View attachment 56124

View attachment 56124

View attachment 56124

A good friend of mine visited us from western North Carolina and brought his 6 kids with him.

They wanted a ride in the pony car. But you'd never guess what they liked the most: not the throaty sound of the 429 SCJ, or the Grabber Blue paint, or the pin-you-back-in-your-seat-torque. The thing that impressed them the most were the crank, roll up windows. They all wanted a turn rolling the windows up and down. A reminder of my age. Roll up window--a rare option these days. 

View attachment 56124

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here... :lollerz:  

Today's kids don't know that option necessarily! The most interesting thing will be that I will add the quarter roll down windows with handles! 

Can't see your pictures though...
Tried many times uploading the video of my ride with the the kids, but each time I tried to insert it into the post, nothing happened. After 4-5 attempts to insert the video, I gave up. Have no idea why it will not upload. 

That is funny, re: the kids digging on the manual roll up windows. How much has changed over the years as automobiles become ever more complex, eh? Back when I was a kid it was power windows that were so intriguing. I had an aunt and uncle who were childless, therefore had a lot to spend on themselves, who were into the T-Birds and Lincolns from even back in the late 50s. I was very impressed with how their cars always had the power door locks and power windows in comparison to our various station wagons when I was growing up.

Back