The Challenge

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rentascout

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach One
So I am sitting in my garage watching the Video Scott gave me on how to ensure you correctly place your fenders back on, and I noticed my hood was not straight so I took it off and it was good because I was missing a body clip on the hood so it was time to do it right.

I had a buddy stop bye and talked trash about my fenders and said anyone could paint those, and told me I could not paint the inside of my hood without runs do to all the lines and high spots. He would not stop so I asked him what he wanted to bet and he said 20 bucks I laughed and said 1000. He started to back his way out of his hole and I asked him if he was scared of losing that money and he said no.

So.... I have three days to strip, prep and paint the inside of my hood, now this is the only part of my car that has the factory paint on it. So when he left I went from my DA with 80 to my wire wheel and started removing that paint, I will have to get a practice run to make sure when he shows he leaves with lighter pockets,lol..... we will see I love people who open their mouth because it makes them feel good

Well he is a chevy guy and his girlfriend was with him and she likes to run her dumpster about chevy and she doesnt know how to change oil, but he couldnt back down since I called him out in front of her

Ill get the paint stripped in the Am and keep you guys posted.

Nah Tommy I have been taking just enough to get that paint off. I got the hood all stipped and G&W on it. I was going to paint it tonight but figure a good prep in the AM and I can run some layers. It look pretty good and I know I did not have to go as far as I did, but hey why not.....

11j9a91.jpg

bfqhwi.jpg

Well right now I am just getting it all in epoxy to ensure the rust will stay away. I think it will go back to factory old pewter

So I put three good coats on it and no probelms at all. It really went on with no issues at all. I started to wonder why I was not getting runs and I took my rear valance and closed my spray fan down to about 2 inches and moved in from my 6-8 to about 3 and gave it a good spray and it did not really run but kind of drooped a little.

I did not want to get cocky and again I told myself it is only primer which you can fix it pretty easy compared to actually paint, oh well it feels better simply to take his money and go figure he didnt bring his girl, it was a shame I love shutting her up as well,lol....

2dtqiky.jpg

Know this now I have no video making skills

lol I cannot wait to get it out on the street. There is one guy on post with a 72 I want to track down and get him on here. It is rough but hey they all have to start somewhere, cannot all be gems right out of the box........

(If you lived a little closer you could park my Mach1 in the garage And shut them up and collect some money...)

Nance - That would be too funny!

Ray

I am basically in OKC.

I do know that we saw cars leaving town both Sunday and Monday.

We were too busy and didn't even try to go this year. I heard many cars owners were scrambling to get cars into parking garages and car shops/buildings in attempt to avoid possible hail damage.

Ray

OOPS kinda hijacked this thread- shoulda PM'd this part. Learnin all the time... Ray

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back