The Guitar Lounge

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks to be a union roadie...laying down on the job or striking for better food...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, I got one of those roadies too.

Guitar cases make perfect cat traps. :)

I think my cat can hear the latches on a guitar case from a mile away. :)

Oh, by the way, here's some interesting info for those of you who are more into the technical aspects of the hobby:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425726207.166526.jpg

Here's my stable. Keeps me busy :).

My_Guitars_zps9dcpb4eh.jpg

Hey Mark,

Love your guitar collection!You must be very proud indeed. If you get time, it would be good to give us a brief rundown on each axe in the collection. Also, looking and sounding good in the clip. Cool.:cool:

I think you would make a great Buddy Holly player if you were to put the famous black horn rim glasses on. Did you ever like or enjoy his music at all? Thanks very much for sharing with the forum.

Greg.:)

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your comments. Don't know much about Buddy Holly, he was a bit before my time. I've always been into late 60s/70s rock and stuff, I grew up with it. Stuff like Jeff Beck, Hendrix, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lizzy, early Van Halen, Zep, Steely Dan.

Here's a list of the guitars above:

Gibson Les Paul Custom VOS - 2012

Gibson Les Paul Standard - 2004

Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded - 2005 (My favourite guitar)

Epiphone Les Paul Amber Burst - 2002

Gibson SG Standard - 1997

Fender Telecaster USA Standard - 1996

Fender Stratocaster USA Standard - 1995

Fender Stratocaster - 1979 (Mint, been under a bed for 36 years!)

Fender Stratocaster Ash - 1979

Fender Stratocaster MIM Plus Top - 2002

Charvel Model 4 - 1987 (Bought new, very expensive!)

Squier Stratocaster Korean - 1995 (My first Strat. I bought it in Borneo new and gigged the crap out of it).

Squier Stratocaster Korean - 1996 (My 40th birthday present, signed by Mike Rutherford (Genesis), Kenny Jones (The Faces) and Bob Geldoff.

There's more information on them here if you are interested:

http://www.bluesguitarsolo.com/Guitars.htm

So I went though my parts drawer at home and started putting stuff together..... and came up with a complete guitar by accident.

:)

Of course I had to rework the neck pocket to make a Telecaster neck fit a Stratocaster body but I´ve always liked the look of a Strat with a Tele neck.

And there seem to be enough parts for two more.

If only this happened with cars.

Here it is:

IMG_5451 (1).JPG

Looks great! You've got some nice parts lying around! Was the body from a Mexican Strat? And what pups have you got?

It's great making guitars out of bits, I made a Strat from a Korean Squier neck, a solid body and a 24k Motherbucker lying around.

The body is from the German supplier Rockinger. It's like Summit racing for guitarists. :)

The pickups are 2 Duncan SSL 1, the humbucker is a Duncan Custom Custom.

The switch in the middle has no other function than to fill the hole. I didn't have a pot to put there. :)

So,

now it is time to get in here finally too... :D

So I went though my parts drawer at home and started putting stuff together..... and came up with a complete guitar by accident.

:)

Of course I had to rework the neck pocket to make a Telecaster neck fit a Stratocaster body but I´ve always liked the look of a Strat with a Tele neck.

And there seem to be enough parts for two more.

If only this happened with cars.

Here it is:
Nice little string-scraper you have built - reminds me of good ol' Eric... ;)

Now, here are my bad boys for you!

My beloved original relicted by playing 1977 Strat - from 1st owner, a lucky strike! Spent her only white original relicted plastics because of the better look I think with the sunburst finish than the original black one. Also given her noiseless pickups from DiMarzio for stage quietness - VirtualVintages and Areas, my personal tip for authentic strat sounds and no noise. Given her a nice refret with Gibson-sized frets and bone saddle. Bought some Schaller repro tuners and swapped the inner mechanical system in the old ones. Now she is absolute tuning stable and stage ready every time I picked her up!

The best strat I ever had. Never give em up for live!

My universal weapon:

Mexican Floyd Rose body which aged beautifully with an Allparts licensed by Fender Neck which I fitted to my standards. This is a hell of a guitar - still don't know if my 77ies or she is my best strat I ever had. So I play both :D

She is a result of my frustration that Fender does not offer a good Strat with Floyd Rose AND a one-piece-maple-neck with 22 frets. So I bought one my way... Original Floyd Rose with big brass block, DiMarzio pickups (36th anniversary and VirtualVintages), finest electrics - badass guitar! It disproves the legend that Floyd-equipped guitars aren't able to sing...

Love it!

For the bass moments - a really, really good lightweight Squier Precision with awesome flamed maple neck. Seems to be a very seldom special run on quality...

Sometimes I write songs first on bass - very inspiring. Some songs in one of my actual bands I play the bass, too...

This monster I built on my own. I ever was fascinated by Jimmy Page and his doubleneck. But a real Gibson for the few times you would play such a monster was not in the budget so I built one at my own!

Here it is - with my proud name on the headstock :D

It's damn heavy but it was worth it - for that Eagles moment... ;)

Btw:

Where has my nice musician badge on the left gone?!?

Ok Tim, Musician Award fixed. No idea where it went. :huh:

That white FR Strat of yours is gorgeous. I love white Strats with maple necks! They look so pure.

Fender used to make a Mexican (or Japanese? I don´t remember) version of the Sambora Strat with a FR and maple neck but only for a short period. (It looked exactly like your white one BTW)

I wanted to buy one when they were new but I never had a chance to.

For my birthday this year my lovely wife got me a Sambora signature Strat but with a rosewood board. The pickguard is not original and I replaced the pickups with an old set of Van Zands.

I just love "real" Fender Strats with Floyds. Just for looks though, as I hardly ever use trems on my guitars.

Here´s a pic of it:

IMG_5304.JPG

Here's my stuff. Hope Bass counts. Since I started playing Lakland basses, everything else pretty much sits. I have multiple amps.

Hartke HA 3500 (Original from 1987)

Aguilar Tone Hammer 500

Markbass Little Mark 500

From Left to right

Lakland Joe Osborn 5

Lakland 55-02

Lakland 55-AJ

Harvey Citron B05

Elrick Josh Paul 5 Signature

IMG_20150309_083448.jpg.jpg

Next set of basses from left to right

MTD Kingston 5 - Highly Modified

MTD Kingston 5 - All Stock

Spector Q5 Pro

Warmoth P Bass

Warmoth J Bass

Traben 4 string

my basses.jpg

Pedalboard Chain

Pedaltrain pt2 with Voodoo Lab Power Supply: I had some green LEDs left over when Superbright LEDs sent me the wrong color I ordered for the mustang. I wired the green LEDs into the bottom of the pedalboard and put them on a 12v switched power supply.

Dunlop MXR Preamp (has the mids which I like)

Korg Pitch Black Tuner

Zoom MS 60B Effects (I use SVT amp modeling mostly)

Boss Bass Chorus

Big Muff Distortion

Modtone Mini Delay

Dunlop Cry Baby Bass Wah

Line 6 g30 Wireless

IMG_20150302_151127.jpg.jpg

Nice basses and rig.

I used to have an early eighties Squier Precision Bass which I unfortunately sold in a weak moment. :(

Same goes for my Auerswald. All gone.

Back