the most frustrating part of...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72HCODE

"My World is Fire and Blood"
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1.
A rolling restoration has been having to redo things more then once because of the incompetence of others.

looks like i will soon have to dive back into my rear axle to fix the rebuilt 3rd member that the transmission shop messed up. Its no surprise since the same shop messed up my C6 rebuild as well. I've put off ignoring the rumbling from my rear end for 2 seasons now as i worked the kinks out of other areas of the car.

last year was the summer of trying to get the engine to run.

this year was the summer of stopping engine ping and fine tuning.

this winter will be rebuilding the ford 9" with a traction locking diff.

it has been an absolute pain in the butt getting the tools together to perform this type of surgery and I've discovered finding parts is equally a pain in the butt.

the start of the project was Building a proper Work bench for my garage big enough to support the tools needed to work on the 9".

fall has come in very fast and soon the smell of diff fluid will be in the air along with much cursing and bleeding knuckles.

so ends the driving season of 2010 it rained all the time anyway :(.

Just part of restoring old cars like ours.Some times you and Jack Daniels have to go sit by the river bank and calm down.Then get up and smile and right back to it.Ain't it fun..........

Just part of restoring old cars like ours.Some times you and Jack Daniels have to go sit by the river bank and calm down.Then get up and smile and right back to it.Ain't it fun..........
Unfortunatly the problems i've had are not within the norm of a regular restoration, I'm talking serious incompetence going to small claims court.

So i guess the idiots wont guarantee there work. tell them that from now on when you go to a car show you will have a sign in your car that tells people not to go to there shop because they will not fix their mistakes or guarantee

their work.

i have done that as well as have documented proof of there incompetence and intentionally not doing the work. Basically its just a pisser at this point since i have to take things apart again and redo it correctly.

but the benefit will be pictures and a post on 7173mustangs for people to enjoy.

i had issues with my engine rebuild as well which was also done by another. ah hindsight 20/20 :D

Back