Thinking of Upgrading to QA1 Coil front Coilover System

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Spring Edition Coupe
(dressed up as Mach 1) full gauges,
351 Cleveland
Edelbrock Manifold Holley 4 Barrel, Jacobs Ignition system
Anyone have any experience with these? Mine is a 1971 coup with a 351 Cleveland. Looks like a pretty easy install. There have a number of different options. Does the 400 lb vs 450 lbs make a difference. I am casual driver. Any advice would be appreciated!
Tom

Attachments

• QA1 Pro Coil .png
    QA1 Pro Coil .png
    215.1 KB · Views: 0
I have the full front total control conversion on mine. Its got QA1 coilovers. I like them. This is a 351W car, with 400lb springs. The only thing I dont like about the total control kit is you need to drill out some spot welds and remove the factory spring seat at the top of the shock tower. The whole rest of the kit is bolt on. If it wasn't for that, I would be installing the kit on my other old mustangs.

Are the shocks you're looking at direct replacements for factory or do they require cutting on the car?

I've attached the write on the product from CJ Pony Parts. It says bolt on - I assume no modification required. Tom

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 9.24.57 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 9.24.57 AM.png
    232.2 KB · Views: 1
Replaces spring and spring support as well as shock. Easy add.
Thanks for the response. I was going to buy the 400lb version. They also have 450 and 500. Why the difference? As I mentioned earlier, I am a casual driver and the engine is a 351 Cleveland, Tom

I went with the Street Or Track coilover system a some of years ago on my 73 and have been more than pleased. The owner is a pleasure to work with.

Back