this doesnt look right does it??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint and stripes are not original

Check the VIN

If it has 05 in the VIN that is the mach 1 code

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt it is a Mach. Most list any fastback as a Mach1.

Could it be a mach 1 with standard hood?

Paint theme is another story... not original and not even beautiful but except for the honeycomp panel on the rear, this car is optioned just like my car (mine is a sportsroof with mach1 grille, urethane bumper and painted to match, front trim)

Eitherway... 7K OBO is not expensive, isn´t it??... Even if it is a sportsroof, what difference does it make? In fact, production numbers shows there were more mach 1 than sportsroof at that time, isn´t it?

Anyway... just good to know if in fact, mach 1 could be optioned with the standard hood (makes sence, it is lighter...) Isn´t the "Gone in 60 Seconds" Mach 1 had a standard hood too?

I'm not interested in it but thought someone might be. If it is matching number,seems like a fair price.
Agree Pappy!! (isn´t pappy harrold the overhaulin soundtrack´s band?)

If the car is straight and the interior, not shown in the post... is in fair condition... i think it could be a good choice for any interested in a sportsroof stang...

'Numbers matching'... make him prove it. Numbers matching means different things to different people (and different cars)

I put a mach I hood on my convertible but didn't swap out the springs. It seems to work... am I missing something?

I don't know if this is fact or just something I heard in the 80's but, I was told that the non-functional ram air hood was a zero cost option on 302 Mach1s. Even if that is wrong, my '73 came with a flat hood and I know of a '72 Mach 1 that a friend had in the 80's , it also came with a flat hood. FWIW

Back