Fitting from valve cover breather hose to air filter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been trying to find the fitting that goes from the passenger side breather hose to the air cleaner. Anyone know of an aftermarket one of these? It has a groove in the top that
will lock it to the pcv air filter that comes throught the side of the air cleaner. Right now, my breather hose just pushes on but will not stay secured without this fitting. Pic is what it looks like.

1712510430732.png

I am wondering if you didnt jump the gun on this part. The fitting is held into place by the clip for the breather filter. When you buy a new filter, you get a new clip with it. Maybe yours is falling off because the clip is missing or the tabs need to be bent inward to hold the connector?
I searched high and low for the fitting that holds the fuel tank vapor hose. Talk about something that is hard to find. I ended up placing a piece 3/8" fuel hose over the breather filter element nipple and connecting the vapor hose to it. I used a rubber plug to cover the vapor canister hose opening. Anyone out there know where I can get the vapor hose fitting?

I am wondering if you didnt jump the gun on this part. The fitting is held into place by the clip for the breather filter. When you buy a new filter, you get a new clip with it. Maybe yours is falling off because the clip is missing or the tabs need to be bent inward to hold the connector?
The clip is what is missing, but I really don't remember if it is included with the filter pack, Those are available just about anywhere at auto stores.

Back