This put a big smile on my face

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
Last night at our last local A&W cruise-in on a beautiful but cool evening, I had two young lads, who were looking with interest at the cars, come and ask me if they could sit in my car. They thought it was the best one there and wanted to know more about it. The lads were probably around 11-12 years old and no idea about classic cars per-se. A friend was with me when the younger lad sat in the driver's seat. The smile couldn't be wiped off his face as he look around and pretended to drive. He asked a few questions about this and that, when my friend asked him if he knew what the little button was for on the floor high up on the left. He looked at it in puzzlement and no idea. When my friend told him it was the headlight high beam dip switch, the look on the lad's face was priceless. Total amazement! The second lad was equally impressed. Then they wanted to look at the engine and hear it run. I thought about taking them around the block, but with all the liability and other potential crap out there in today's society, I decided against it. After about 15 minutes, they left on their scooter and bike.
That bought a smile on my face for about an hour.

Simple things amaze people people.
One aspect of driving the Opel GT is the hidden headlights. They are mechanical with a lever next to the gear shift. Push/pull. But what gets people, and I've done this in traffic when I see someone staring at the car, I point forward to the headlights and push the lever forward. The look on their face when the headlights rotate sideways in priceless.
It never gets old!

https://pin.it/4QTPjcUCk

Latest posts

Back