Throttle Bar??? Car stopped running.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Coupe 302 Stock V8
[url=https://ibb.co/gQiwow][img]https://preview.ibb.co/fjPQgG/IMG_0356.jpg[/img][/url]
Driving home from work today, noticed engine was louder than normal, with some rattling.  Definitely heard some metal rattling around or something, smelled a little heat too, so I pulled over to a Kroger and the engine kinda sputtered out.  won't start.  Im thinking a throttle bar went lose? Any ideas that could help me? How do I fix a throttle bar? Can I fix the bar temporarily then start it up again and drive it to my repair guy or do you think I could fix this on my own?  Seems simple.  

Here are some pictures.

What looks loose in those pictures appears to be the transmission kickdown link. It shouldnt affect the engine functionality.

It is used to downshift when you press the pedal to the metal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What looks loose in those pictures appears to be the transmission kickdown link. It shouldnt affect the engine functionality.

It is used to downshift when you press the pedal to the metal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Any idea why the engine stopped and won't turn over and start again?

well more info is best to figure it out.. don't turn over ??? any starter clicking??? dead battery, bad solenoid, alt shot and not charging.... like mentioned that bar is not going to keep u from firing up engine. u should be able to fix it yourself but u gotta find out why first.. troubleshooting sometimes is not fun but needed. u can try turning on the key and using one jumper cable to go from + of battery to starter wire and see what happens.. if nothing then u need to look at starter closer.. bad connection maybe..even a bad ground wire on engine to frame..

Latest posts

Back