Time for a diff upgrade

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayro

Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang baby blue with clevo 351
Ok so just replacing my diff with a trutrack unit. Just removing the axles. One side came out fine but the “spinner” side has popped out with the bearing. Does this mean now I’ll have to disconnect brake lines to remove the whole drum brake with the axle and then remove the bearing off the axle one I get her out?

Any other solutions? Sorry, 1st time having ago. Just the apprentice and I lol

Attachments

• IMG_6591.jpeg
    IMG_6591.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
FYI, factory installed diffs will have copper sealing washers under the nuts on the center section. These can be a bit of a chllenge to remove. Patience, a small chisel and a ball peen hammer will eventually get them off. Some say that jacking under the pinion support will get them loose enough to snip and remove, but I haven't tried that method yet.

FYI, factory installed diffs will have copper sealing washers under the nuts on the center section. These can be a bit of a chllenge to remove. Patience, a small chisel and a ball peen hammer will eventually get them off. Some say that jacking under the pinion support will get them loose enough to snip and remove, but I haven't tried that method yet.
Mate just finished getting it out and wow those little buggers were not what I expected lol

Back