Tire size for stock Ford Rims

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
There are a lot of posts about upgrading tires and changing rim sizes. I have original 1973 slotted rims. The 14 inch ones. I plan on having two sets, one that is slightly performance oriented but more for high milage use (cross country driving) on the 14 inch rims. Then after I get all the suspension mods done- coil over, 4 link, ect I'll be ordering custom rims and tires purely for performance and track/ minor street use. That means my first set I'll be buying is on a stock 14 inch rims and I will be keeping them for use on my car for nostalgia. I have read a few posts that people like 225 75 R 14s. I was planing to lower my car by one inch in the future and I was going to use 225 75 R 14 on all four tires. Is there any reason this combo will rub even with a one inch drop? Any one else have ideas on tire size for stock 14's?

Thanks guys,

Brandon

Hi Brandon! I'm running the same wheels on my car. I dropped the suspension 1" and I'm running P245/60R14's on the rear and P235/60R14's on the front. Looks awesome! (the picture I've attached is before I installed the engine.

-Travis

080413.JPG

Brandon,

I have the same exact setup as Travis...235/60/14 on front and 245/60/14 on rear. Stock height rear springs and 1" lower front coils.

Jeff

Hi Brandon! I'm running the same wheels on my car. I dropped the suspension 1" and I'm running P245/60R14's on the rear and P235/60R14's on the front. Looks awesome! (the picture I've attached is before I installed the engine.

-Travis

Any of those will work fine. Make sure you recalculate your speedometer gear and change that out if needed. They're only $8 and take 3 mins to swap out but your speedometer will be off. I posted some info about it a few days ago. I run 21570R14 personally.

Latest posts

Back