TMI sport seats and LED dash lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went wtih TMI as they are the only ones with the sport seats. The sent the wrong foam (foxbody) the 1st time so I'd have to say they are not on top of their game always.

LED's are awesome! Can't say the same about TMI's customer service. Going with Destinctive Industries for my '73 project. Anyhow, screw TMI and back to LEDs. I've got them in the Hood/Trunk, Interior dome and doors, brake and reverse lights and dash. Did the dash in amber, red, green and blue and decided to go with the blue cause it looked like my dark ford blue engine colors :0) The soft blues are nice too. Oh and about the dash LEDs, I no longer have the dimmer option and it just goes from on to off. Doesn't bother me and never did look into why it does this or if there's a fix for it.

2lnh2t2.jpg
pull the headlight switch and clean the rheostat clip and the spring

or just replace the switch.

Oh and about the dash LEDs, I no longer have the dimmer option and it just goes from on to off. Doesn't bother me and never did look into why it does this or if there's a fix for it.
The instructions that came with my LED dashlights said the LED lights won't dim unless you leave at least one standard incandescent globe in place. I replaced them all, so mine don't dim either.

Who did you order the TMI sport seats from? Can you go direct through TMI? Eventually I need to redo my seats, and I really am interested in that option.

Thanks

I went wtih TMI as they are the only ones with the sport seats. The sent the wrong foam (foxbody) the 1st time so I'd have to say they are not on top of their game always.

LED's are awesome! Can't say the same about TMI's customer service. Going with Destinctive Industries for my '73 project. Anyhow, screw TMI and back to LEDs.
Destinctive Industries has everything classic last time I checked. TMI messed up my color scheme even after many emails confiming what I wanted. They wouldn't send me a new set or pay for shipping back to them from Hawaii to repair the mistake even though it was clearly their fault. Went directly to the top (Owner of the company) and still he wouldn't take care of the problem for me without me having to pay for shipping fees. Wheel Vintiques sent me 1 wrong bolt pattern wheel and without any questions, sent me a new wheel with a paid return postage. That's the way it should've been. They also specialize in VW interiors and VW's are huge here in Hawaii. I've got lots of VW friends and I tell all my experience and not to go through them and will continue to do so. Even if I can stop one person from buyiing from them, I'm satisfied and they can go beep themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up to 71-73 owners. I ordered TMI front sport seat upholstery and seat foam for my 72 Mach1. I also ordered Peimar led dash lights from Mustang Project

The LED lights are great except do not order the bulbs for the 3 gauges in the center console - they are incorrect. I can see my speedo and tac at night. I replaced the bulb that is in the Automatic shifter selector. Not much improvement there though - but the dash lights look so good now I'm still a happy camper. I also replaced the bulb for heater control lettering and that it brighter also. These bulbs were supposed to be for the three guages but they can in handy anyway.

Craftsman Upholstery in Fairfax VA put the seats together - they look and feel fantastic. It's like having the 2004 Mach1 seats in a 1972 Mach1. Now the question is - do I sell the original Mach1 upholstery and seat foam which is in pretty good shape. I have had this car 29 years so keeping it in case I sell the car really isn't an issue.
I liked your led lights more than seats. Still great work done

Last edited by a moderator:
Destinctive Industries has everything classic last time I checked. TMI messed up my color scheme even after many emails confiming what I wanted. They wouldn't send me a new set or pay for shipping back to them from Hawaii to repair the mistake even though it was clearly their fault. Went directly to the top (Owner of the company) and still he wouldn't take care of the problem for me without me having to pay for shipping fees. Wheel Vintiques sent me 1 wrong bolt pattern wheel and without any questions, sent me a new wheel with a paid return postage. That's the way it should've been. They also specialize in VW interiors and VW's are huge here in Hawaii. I've got lots of VW friends and I tell all my experience and not to go through them and will continue to do so. Even if I can stop one person from buyiing from them, I'm satisfied and they can go beep themselves.

+1 provide great service and someone MIGHT tell their friends, provide a bad experience any they WILL tell EVERYONE.

I'm interested in these LED lights. Definitely going to consider this. I want nice seats too I don't car if they are out of another model, my passenger side is missing anyway.

LED's are awesome! Can't say the same about TMI's customer service. Going with Destinctive Industries for my '73 project. Anyhow, screw TMI and back to LEDs. I've got them in the Hood/Trunk, Interior dome and doors, brake and reverse lights and dash. Did the dash in amber, red, green and blue and decided to go with the blue cause it looked like my dark ford blue engine colors :0) The soft blues are nice too. Oh and about the dash LEDs, I no longer have the dimmer option and it just goes from on to off. Doesn't bother me and never did look into why it does this or if there's a fix for it.

2lnh2t2.jpg
LED's are extremely voltage sensitive unlike an incandescent bulb. A standard bulb will illuminate dimly with just a few volts and increase in brightness as voltage increases. Most high output LEDs work at 3-4 volts based on the color. This is why you will see three to four of them wired in series. It requires a special controller and LED type to have a dimmable range.

Who did you order the TMI sport seats from? Can you go direct through TMI? Eventually I need to redo my seats, and I really am interested in that option.

Thanks
CJ Pony Parts, 300 something regular price, got them on sale for 240. That's for the Mach1 seats though, the standard seat upholstery I think was regularly 190. I did the upholstery myself, really not that complicated, lots of cursing, hog rings, and cutting foam. I switched to steel wire for the drivers seat and got a much better fit and the foam was tighter in the seat. I have made about 8 orders and haven't had any issues with CJ's, so far their customer service is good.

IMG_0599.JPG

2lnh2t2.jpg
LED's are extremely voltage sensitive unlike an incandescent bulb. A standard bulb will illuminate dimly with just a few volts and increase in brightness as voltage increases. Most high output LEDs work at 3-4 volts based on the color. This is why you will see three to four of them wired in series. It requires a special controller and LED type to have a dimmable range.
I believe as long as you keep 1 incandescent in you will keep your dimming function.

Back