To Carb or not to Carb...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustang_sam

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe (250 inline 6)
Hello all. Showed up here a few times and really liked it (lots of awesome and knowledgeable folks) so I registered!! I got a hold of this 1972 ford mustang a few weeks ago. It's a 1972 coupe with a 250 inline 6 (3 gear manual). The previous owner put on a jeep Carb on this car since the original one was stolen and it's awful (needs a carb with higher CFM). I was wondering what would be a good carb option considering the engine is stock and i would prefer minimal work and fitting....... Any suggestions? I chatted with some lady on JC Whitney website and they had nothing. BTW have to ship it overseas so returning the item is almost impossible.

THANX

Hey Sam! Someone should be along shortly with some good suggestions. When you get a chance, post a short intro in the Introductions section so we can give you a proper introduction. Your profile say Northern California, so why overseas shipping? Glad to have you here!

I have a complete 73 - 250 -1V 6 cyl

I could remove the carb from it

I would think you could get a new / rebuilt one though

Try www.napaonline.com

Don

Welcome! Post an intro thread so we can properly welcome you

Two recommendations for the carb question:

1. Search out carbontooner in NY. He used to work for Pony Carbs before they went out west.

2. I don't like referring to other sites but classicinlines.com and fordsix.com are great resources for I-6s.

Welcome to the site. There are a few of choices out there. The first thing you have to decide is whether you are building a comfie cruiser or tourque monster. That decision will help you narrow the field for your choice of size of carb etc. Also, the set up of the intake manifold will play a large roll. Research if the best tool. Good luck.

First you may want to delete the Jc Whitney link from your computer when it comes REAL cars.

Second, I've tried several folks and my money goes to allamericancarbs out of Jacksonville florida.

http://www.allamericancarburetor.com/ourshop.html

Back