Travails of the Trailer Queen

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing!

Nice work - keep up the documentation.

Finally every year there is something that happens that really annoyed Melody last year it was the headers, this year it was the beautifully machined billet aluminium EMS hood hinges and hydraulic ram. These hinges were one of the most expensive parts that she has yet purchased for her Mach1. She specifically ordered a set designed for a1973 Mustang with the heavier Ram Air hood, the invoice reflected that fact, however when she tried to have them installed the mechanics could not adjust them to allow hood to close properly, there was huge gap at the back of the hood Another problem when trying to open or close the hood the hinges would bind and wabble. After close inspection of the hinges and checking out the EMS website it became apparent that they had sent my wife the wrong hinges. At this point my wife was very upset and didn’t want to deal with trying to get the proper ones, so she returned them, had her original hinges re-installed and will continue to use a curtain to keep her hood open at car shows.

They are not wrong they just will not work. I went through the same thing less than a month ago with these:mad::mad: but they are still selling them. I have a thread or its in "what did you do " about the whole mess

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-what-did-you-do-to-your-car-today?page=199&highlight=ems
My builder will not hear the words " hood hinges" uttered again within earshoot. He was pissed, and this is someone with years of experience with these antique cars. I was very upset. Thankfully, my supplier took them back without question.

Last edited by a moderator:
My builder had the drive shaft custom made. Again, I try to do as much as possible, but never mess around with stuff you don't have the skill set for. My husband custom ordered his carbon fibre drive shaft froma a company called PST he was pleased with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few more photos the bottom of the “Man Magnet”.

IMG_7383.jpg

IMG_7384.jpg

IMG_7387.jpg

IMG_7386.jpg

IMG_7385.jpg

Latest posts

Back