Trying to locate the right rim for my 73

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Hello:

This rim, while not specifically tailored for the 73, is the style and kinda color (would like darker) I’m looking for. I would like a 17”, 8” wide for all 4 corners of the car. Help me in my ignorance to find the right rim, with the right offset and backspace for my stock suspension car.

Here is the example:

IMG_2829.jpeg

Thank you for the continued help, Steve.

Makes me think of @Bentworker 's car (photo below). I think with the right color on the car they'd look really good.
Just for reference, I run 17 x 8 with 255/40 tires in front and 17 x 9 with 275/45 in back. There is ample room in the rear wheel wells for a larger tire than on the front.
1707997702722.png

Last edited:
Yea, I’ve corresponded with Bentworker, he went through a lot of trouble to make those rims work. I’m hoping to get the same look without the redrill issues he went through. Maybe it’s not possible, but I’ve got time to search.

Just for a second set of eyes opinions, here is the look I’m hoping to achieve; a white car with bronze rims, kinda like this look (ignore the make and model and the style of rims). I also kinda like the striping on the fender; decals can be applied and removed 😁.

IMG_0660.jpeg

Back